Any Cyclists here? Show us your bike!

Let’s be fair most 80s bmxs were built from gas pipe with a made up tubing name :sweat_smile:

I always wanted one of these…7bf2ffff35264934af185c260e3a130e

7 Likes

Latest addition to my stable—an immaculately maintained Independent Fabrication frame with super clean Dura Ace 7700 groupset I found on a local FB group.

11 Likes

gorgeous! Somerville, MA era I assume? looks like a Crown Jewel…?

Yeah it’s a Crown Jewel! I’m guessing it’s Somerville era from the group set, but I don’t know how to verify.

1 Like

things like can happen to me like 2-3 times a ride easily, I live in a very hot area so fixing flats is a major pain in the ass. things I’ve learned to make my life suck less:

1. always carry 2 spare tubes.
  2. always carry 6 patches, I use the Park Tool GP-2 which has 6 pre-glued patches in a pack with a bit of sandpaper (GP-2 Pre-Glued Super Patch Kit | Park Tool). I can slap up to 3 on a tube and it will hold ~85 psi with no problems, after 3 punctures or after more then couple of months they start to loose air faster and you’ll need to pump once-twice a week to maintain a good pressure. but usually after 3 holes I replace the tube anyway.
  3. get a good comfy pump, I use the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive, there are multiple models and some of them have a gauge which is very handy. this pump is very light, can mount behind the bottle cage, can pump ~85-90 psi on a 700c tube very fast and pretty damn easy. (LEZYNE MICRO FLOOR DRIVE HP | ROAD AND GRAVEL BIKE PUMP – Lezyne)
  4. always carry zipties for occasions when your tire gets ripped. several zipties chained one next to the other can hold together the tire and not let the tube get outside and get punctured, this saved my ass couple of times.

on a personal note, fuck flats. fucking hate them.

2 Likes

Is that Brighton?

Yep sure is,Hove to be exact……) 1st pic,2nd is Brighton marina!!

1 Like

I used to have friends there and played in bands there about 20 years ago.
Moved to Australia about 12 years ago, havent seen Brighton in a long time. :slight_smile:

Yeah its still pretty nice here.I live on a boat on the marina so its a pretty good spot to be.Just cruise into town on my little bike along the seafront of through Kemp town……Bit harsh in winter tho (

I can see the connection with Brighton from your Avatar……)) first time i came down from London in 1983 the only club we found on that windy night was a Motown/northern soul night at what is now called (and maybe then) the Jazz rooms.There was a mixed crowd of mods and rockabilly types (my friends had flat tops,quiffs ect) and the music was great.Every one was getting down…Seems like a dream now…ha

1 Like

there’s usually a painted logo on the inside of the seat tube indicating what city it was made in.

4 Likes

Hmmm…mine doesn’t have that badge, must be a later frame. Would explain the “near mint” condition I guess!

weird! I thought all IF’s has this. but… the original owner could’ve requested not to have it of course. I highly doubt it’s made in Newmarket, NH though. unless someone really wanted to do a retro build and had all those parts stockpiled. either way, it’s a bad ass bike that looks like it’s barely been ridden. so go ride the hell out of it! :+1:

1 Like

Some gravel some Bitwig

1 Like

I was pretty sure I was going to buy a VanMoof S5 for urban commuting, but started reading reviews on them. Seems like there might be a lot of reliability and service issues with them.

Anyone here own one?

1 Like

Hard tail with Bitwig beats

Cheers!

2 Likes

My partner was looking around for maybe one also and friends gave us the same kind of feedbacks. Some were suggesting to go with the Cowboy 4.

Also got a 10y city beater for free from a friend. Stripped it as much as I could, just asked a shop to check the sanity of the frame, fork ans crankset. I should began to look for some pedals and wheelsets to get it back in shape.

3 Likes

a lifestyle; the bicycle. the little fold up is a vintage univega made in Italy in the 80. it’s my main ride since i live(d) on a sailboat. the other bike was my life for about 2 years and 3,000 miles.

2 Likes

My sister had one of Those univega file ups back in the 80s… I say had because I borrowed it to do my paper route on when I had a flat and promptly snapped it in half bunny hopping up a curb :sweat_smile:

That must of been exciting! I’ve also wondered how much that top tube could stand. I’ve been riding this bike in Ernest through Honolulu and now in Alaska. I’m definitely more cautious with my weight on the frame, Im in the back whenever I encounter bumps, uneven pavement, pot holes and curbs. But I ride pretty hard otherwise. I also have a trailer I use for hauling tools and groceries. It rides very smoothly.

It has a Strumly Archer 3 speed hub, which I changed the sprocket to a smaller one as I this is my main ride for commuting and such. On flats I can cruise at 20mph and I can still ride up most steep roads. Also, I’m 6’2" and this is the only foldup I could find that is suitable for a rider my size.

Now that I’m not living on the boat I’ll likely upgrade to a proper road bike. But this ride is classic.