Anyone Want to Give Up YouTube for 40 Days?

3 Likes

April fools videos were too tempting. Apart from that, havenā€™t had any occasion to watch it, I think.

1 Like

This.

1 Like

I watched one video with the new Roland synthbox

But beyond that, nothing and Iā€™m proud

And I guarantee beyond that I gained a decent amount of quality in my life :relieved: I started to reading again

So thank you for that absolutely amazing suggestion
A gamechanger

1 Like

Actually, I failed miserably. I just wasnā€™t ready. So I need to get cut from the list.

Sorry, mates. I did give it my best shot. Which obviously wasnā€™t a very good best shot.

Well, I sort of made it. I decided to not watch videos on gear I did not own instead of avoiding YT all together.

That worked, with the exception that I wanted to buy a turntable as I just got about 200 records from my parents in law who were cleaning up their attic.

So, definitely not there yet, but progress nonetheless :blush:

2 Likes

I tried for a couple of weeks and then failed miserably

I am ashamed

1 Like

I also need to get cut from the list. Iā€™m ashamed and Iā€™m sorry.

However, I have changed my habits up for the better. While I still reach for my phone to fill gaps such as washing up, I donā€™t actually watch YouTube videos while performing mundane tasks. Iā€™ve discovered the BandCamp Fan app, which allows you to stream your purchases. Iā€™ve been listening to music instead of YouTube, which I find much less stressful.

Before this thread Iā€™d have a video playing while in the shower for example, and Iā€™d have to check it to see how long it had left to go, then idd be stressing about what to watch next, flicking through other videosā€¦ All this drama at 7am canā€™t be good for the mind. Itā€™s much better to unplug and unpick my dreams at that part of the day ather than fill my head with guff.

2 Likes

Reading your guys admittance of failing reminds me of that Seinfield episode where they try to not whack off.
Come to think of it, that episode was a little fucked up. Eh, maybe Iā€™m remembering it wrong.

3 Likes

2 Likes

What does NGNY mean?

No Gear New Year.
A challenge for addicts.

2 Likes

Oh, failed already - haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I didnā€™t completely cut it out in the end (blaming sickness and sick days for the need for mindless pseudo-entertainment) but think I have this challenge to thank for slightly more conscious consumption.

1 Like

ā€¦as mentioned, i did the opposite and started premium this winterā€¦never wasted soo much time ever beforeā€¦damn.

1 Like