Arturia KeyStep 37

Same. I don’t expect the AT to be as nice as on my Korg M3.

I’ve never had to focus on pressure on the edge of the keys on my Keystep 37

2 Likes

It will be years before I am good enough at playing keys to need aftertouch. I have the KS37 and the only thing I wish it had is full size keys. 4 octaves would be nice too.

Guess I’m just going to have to get a Matriarch.

2 Likes

Yes, not a real problem for my use case, may just depend on how the patch is programmed to hit the full breadth of modulation (or whatever is mapped). If it seemed “off” or bugged me i would’ve hit up sensitivity options already or checked for DAW curves.

I had to do a bit of tweaking as well on the receiving synth - MC-707 in my case. More to get the combination of volume swell and filter opening that I wanted for a particular preset.

Opsix seemed to respond fine out of the box.

Haven’t done much test/usage with DAW/plugins yet.

1 Like

Currently trying to figure out how to pulse through an arpeggiation/strum in waves and this thread came up!

Will see how well I can do this manually, keeping to the same BPM but with the strum with a more variable sync.

1 Like

I have once asked Moog about how to do something with the Arp and get strumming.

They said maybe it would be easier to just sequence the arp by hand.

If you wanted variability, you could sequence the pulse in a shifted pattern that rotates around not on the same time as the song.

1 Like

Certainly, I was hoping for a more, liquid time compression/dilation for the pattern which is difficult with manual programming without pretty obvious stepping in divisions and multiplication.

And i’d decided to move away from Euro so while CV modulation would get me there… I just can’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps i can try setting something like that up in VCVRack eventually, and i’ll eventually be practicing with my OXI sequencer… i need to get a project done with no luxury for deep diving.

1 Like

Just spitballing ideas here, but could you sequence the arp and not clock it so you play the tempo knob?

Or keep it clocked and press hold and play the strumming knob?

Edit. I mean the strumming style AND the number of octaves in the arp.

1 Like

Yes, that’s my thinking, and better to fail fast in simpler tools to move to the next way to get it done.

Would be hard to pivot from the sync-matched tempo to where i want to be and back, but sometimes failure is still interesting!

1 Like

You could record it on a separate track and play around, then chop up the best parts and get close too.

1 Like

I just remembered. Do you have shaperbox 2?

You could draw in tempo curves after recording the arp in straight.

1 Like

Def, thanks for the additional idea.

I’m a bit fixated on trying to get faster on end to end composition before i hit record, buuuut if i’m faster with some other flow maybe that’s a way to reference what i wanted while later building the necessary set of live sequencer tricks.

1 Like

I totally feel you… Thats how I am with all the Moog Semi modulars… I kinda always want to set everything up and then hit rec, then just play with filters and sequencer timings. Then other times I find that I just can’t get there, and end up sampling.

Sometimes it can be a push and pull, depending on your mood!

Good luck! It sounds like you will get to a good solution whatever you decide to do!

Edit… you also kinda were alluding to this… but sometimes a perfect solution will never present itself, but like you said… embrace the limitations, and get happy accidents.

1 Like