Arturia MicroFreak

I don’t know whether she wanted to be a part of it. I think the issue here is that it’s in her words “#Notacollab

So for them to say it was and put MI logo on the thing is gratuitous exploitation of the MI name, a particular name which should never be used in bad faith.

2 Likes

Maybe a silly question but why do mi not have better protection of their products and why do they not have a copyright on companies using their brand name?

1 Like

After watching their promo vid you have to wonder if they maybe genuinely thought putting the mi logo on there was ‘the right thing to do’. Clearly not the most woke dudes out there :confused:

Maybe it’s time to point someone at Arturia to this thread or others. Maybe as they watch the $ evaporate, they’ll decide to make it right, and revise this branding and PR approach. They can save face if they choose to.

1 Like

That’s kind of the issue. MI / Emilie has never played by the rules of hypercapitalism. I assume cause they don’t believe in them.

I mean honestly it was bound to happen. And now it has.

6 Likes

Maybe we can wish for elektron to do a legit collab with mutable on a sweet new effects box for the Digi series.

3 Likes

Watch some small company swoop in with the exact same box but christened by Emilie :joy:

2 Likes

They have to know by now that they are getting ripped apart. Although with a bonehead move like this I’m not so sure

Deluge guy should get on it…

1 Like

Don’t punish the childs for the sins of their parents.

9 Likes

I’m honestly suprised it’s taken so long for people to start putting in those codes. Anybody could with Emilies blessing. That’s not the problem in this particular case.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been waiting to see it happen. Shame it’s gone down like this…

1 Like

Personally I thought this graphic was the worst thing about it …
nothing a black strip of tape couldn’t fix.

3 Likes

haha, i’ve studied with jakob and he lives in my neighborhood, he’s still active! but didn’t see any of his newer works yet (though he’s, like me, quite more into visuals now i think…).

funny thing is that he just gave his A4 to another friend, who is regularly working with it and redesigned it by laser-engravements :rofl:

7 Likes

Pics plz

That’s awesome! Tell him the fine people of Elektronauts miss him!

His visuals for his apps were always top notch! I hope to find out about them when he releases them

3 Likes

Perhaps there’s a version of open source for non commercial use ?
It seems a bit dodgy to not get their blessing / involvement.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the synths of nauts’ lives…

8 Likes

They brought her in with the codes already in. No problem there.

The problem is using the MI name.

3 Likes

I just knew it. The microbrute was getting old and the mini2 came out. A micro had to be on the way!

Had no clue it would be like this though, so cool

1 Like