Arturia MicroFreak

Just catching up with that video. Looks like Super Hans has been smoking some of that high grade French stuff.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not assuming it was deceitful. Itā€™s just wrong to claim exclusive collab and needs to be corrected. As Iā€™ve said, they right that and they get my money.

1 Like

Collaboration is a pretty word for expressing ā€œwe just used the Mutable Instruments Codeā€.

They could have said nothing about it, true. But it would have been uncovered eventually because the internet

1 Like

I agree totally.

2 Likes

There is something i donā€™t understand. She want good taste: like saying she does not like the final product but said earlier she saw a final product at a meeting where she did not tellā€™anything. Why didnā€™t she speak about what she did not like and just say it today?

I thought that the open source nature requires them to mention MI?

1 Like

They had to have said something about the code. But to say ā€œhey this an MI product tooā€ is a problem.

5 Likes

depends on the license but they could have buried it somewhere in the booklet or something

1 Like

I interpret taste as in its distasteful to use my name in this when I didnā€™t have anything to do with it (aside from the code which anyone can use [cause itā€™s the bees knees])

3 Likes

Seems she was looking to maybe provide some notes on it. Crying shame she wasnā€™t able to.

4 Likes

Well then, itā€™s obvious why they would want to go the route they did.

Too bad they went this route absolutely horribly

The whole thing is just so lameā€¦

Not least cause i canā€™t scoop a sweet synth!!!

:wink:

Another demo:

1 Like

This whole thing feels like one of the worst cases of making a mountain out of a molehill Iā€™ve seen to be honest.

9 Likes

Since all this is in english i may not quite get it. Sorry forā€™this.

For me, sheā€™s talking about the bad taste in the product itself, not the brand name using. Doesnā€™t Ā« paid PR Ā» obviously mean or admit that the brand name will be used?

Thanx for clarifying.

That what are meetings for.

Why is everyone refering to Olivier Gillet as a she ? :thinking:

I can only go off what she said. I think she thinks the ā€œcollab with MIā€ claim is distasteful because it wasnā€™t a collab. She didnā€™t say anything about the product itself. In fact she went in to check it out and had notes to give. Brsides, I personally donā€™t think she cares about how her open source code is ultilised.

2 Likes

Scroll back up, there is a link to an IG post, Olivier now identifies as Emilie.

4 Likes

But the product was already done when she arrived. She was unable to have any say in the product. Thus not a collab and not a product that should claim MI collab.

1 Like