Arturia MicroFreak

Have been using mine without AC adaptor.
Works fine on USB power (keyboard included).
Have not had any issues this way.

1 Like

Have anyone figured out if its possible to get a ā€œrelease-timeā€ on the pressure - so after you release a finger the effect doesnā€™t go back immediately? Thereā€™s probably a smart way of doing this in the matrix but I canā€™t manage. If you for example modulate the filter to the envelope (with release) and the amount of the envelope to the pressure you still get a fast cutoff when releasing your finger.

1 Like

That Microfreak is a bloody gold mine. Especially when going mad on modulation and using its own sequencer.

Here a quick jam with the 1010Music Blackbox (recording loops + drums) and most of the Microfreak-bits through a Boss RV6 reverb pedal.

8 Likes

Fully agree.

4 Likes

Got mine a couple of days ago and loving it, Iā€™m trying to write a track with it only and loving the process. Apart from the audio snippet and the snare, everything else is Microfreak (unmixed track still very much in progress and a few seconds of silence at the beginning)

A few questions though, how do I modulate the amplitude with an lfo?
And how can I modulate the LFO amount?

2 Likes

I love how different your Microfreak sounds from my Microfreakā€¦

2 Likes

This is a fun synth. I made the wavetables inside of it and some of the presets. Hope you guys are digging it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

By choosing sustain as one of your assignable modulation destinations --> press one of the three column buttons in the mod matrix and while keeping it pressed turn the sustain knob of the envelope. Then select the row LFO to modulate that collumn

When you press one of the three column buttons in the mod matrix and while keeping it pressed turn the knob next to the matrix: you can now choose one point in the modulation matrix that serves as your mod destination for that row.

Example: LFO>Pitch can be one of the assignable destinations. Everything that modulates that collumn modulates the lfo to pitch amount.

2 Likes

Awesome, my favourite oscillators are the wave table and the noise one!

1 Like

Yeah, noise is great, makes it much more of a percussion/drum machine.

Also love the wavetable and superwave!

1 Like

nothing much to add but agreement - great synth!

1 Like

Hi all, Iā€™ve just uploaded a demo video showing some ambient, dub and melodic techno patches made with MicroFreak. Maybe you find it interesting.

Spam-sucks-electronauts-discount:
25 % off with ā€œRNA-SPLICINGā€

10 Likes

Nice patches.
What reverb did you use in the demo?

Thanks! Depending on the patch Iā€™ve been using Valhalla dsp Vintage Verb, shimmer and delay (that also has a Diffusion reverb on board)

1 Like

And hereā€™s my first MF only track, (apart from snare and vocal). Effects and sequencing on the Akai Force

2 Likes

I got an emergency! I started a sequence out of time with the rest of my gear and it sounds so much better. If i press stop then i will lose it.

Is there any way to offset the sequence? I.e nudge every note left or right one step

Thanks!

The wave table osc alone is worth the admission price, I struggle with other oscillators, not really know what to do, but noise and wave table are gold!

And on a Facebook post Arturia said they will be adding more oscillatorsā€¦

What do you think would be a good MF companion?
I have an Akai Force as sampling hub, now thinking of a Behringer Neutron maybe?

1 Like

Been sat in the garden, powering it via my Samsung s10 today. Fantastic stuff

3 Likes

I think Neutron or Crave since it has a built in sequencer would be a good choice. Although the Force should be able to sequence anything midi? Erica Synths DB-01 looks pretty cool too, but a little more on the expensive side.