Arturia MicroFreak

Updated.

Skip to 19:40.

2 Likes

Just picked up a MF and stand out feature for me is the flexibility of the modulation matrix. Still exploring sculpting sounds but so far it am very pleased! A little external reverb goes a long way too…

@thrace
Try modulating an already existing mod point…
That’s when it gets out of this world…
Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes was playing around with this just yesterday - mind blown…

1 Like

I’m not affiliated in any way, I just think there are some pretty good patches:

6 Likes

The MF needs external effects IMHO, it’s flat and boring without it.

4 Likes

I really like it as it is, but it truly shines with a reverb

2 Likes

It’s going to sound fab plugged in to the Typhon :wink:

1 Like

Exactly! For this I use the Eventide H9 & RT EFFEXX RT1701.

Well it certainly needs something to come alive. But for me the MF has to many faults to be enjoyable.

As usual, we’ve the whole universe around this beast. :ecstatic:

That’s pretty darn impressive for such a low-cost synth

I have AH MK II, BigSky and TC M350.

Only way i would consider getting one again would be if they offered it as a desktop expander, in the same and re-designed the control center for organizing and transfer presets.

What is bothering you on the MF?
Just curious :slight_smile:

Keybed very sensitive to humidity and depending on the moisture of you’r hands it would register differently. Cool the first 5min, but just terrible once you try to use it for real.

Software and presets takes a lot of time to organize and transfer, 9/10 times MF needed to reboot to connect properly. Tested on Windows 10 and OSX no difference.

Output on it’s own is flat and boring, no internal effects at all. (korg nts-1 manage to cram it in)

Mod matrix too small to actually see what’s going on at a glance.

What i did like was the build for the money, the display was clear and easy to see, arp was nice albeit a little limited.

1 Like

Agree on the preset transfer/backup/restore.
Never had issues with the keyboard though.
And yes a little reverb really makes it shine

3 Likes
1 Like

Question: I really would like to be able to switch sequencer patches on the MF with my Cycles or Samples.

So that if I switch my M:S and M:C from A01 to A02, the MF changes from preset 1 to preset 2, while the new sequence on the MF stays in sync.

I haven’t got a clue how to do that. Anyone?

AFAIK, M:C and M:S don’t have Bank, Sub Bank and Program memory like the Digis do. The Digis have dedicated MIDI Tracks that allow more control over MIDI parameters.