Arturia Polybrute

Really glad to see you’ve also made PolyBrute Connect standalone. Thought it was only for DAW integration. I’ll be using the PB in my hardware setup but always have a computer in from of me so that’s going to be very useful.

I’m seeing a store that says they have it in stock right now ready to ship. I guess someone has to be first, and it does look legit. Is there a specific date that it’s expected to be available at the usual big vendors?

how about the udo super 6?

2 Likes

To me that says a lot from someone who knows his stuff:

1 Like

Already posted above though…

2 Likes

Here’s a new one.

Nothing spectacular but the sound at 3.40 is my kind of thing.

Yeah. Ticks all the Juno/Jupiter boxes but I’m yet to hear anything from it that blows me away. Not convinced that the binaural feature adds that much value. Just a personal thing, but I get irritated with synths that force you to sacrifice an oscillator for a noise source.

3 Likes

How does the Super 6 force you to sacrifice an oscillator?

My bad.
Did not go through the whole if the thread :slight_smile:

Arturia sent out an email to their mailing list on 11 February saying it is available now worldwide.

1 Like

It looks to me like the noise source is an oscillator wave shape rather than a separate source you can mix in. The jupiter 6 and 8 work this way and have a crossfade between the two oscillators rather than a dedicated mixer section, unlike the Prophets, for example, which allow mixing of both oscillators and a separate noise. Probably not a big deal for most people but just something that bugs me about the Jupiters.

:heartbeat:

10 Likes

Did you buy or did Arturia reach out?

And what are your thoughts so far?

Bought it!

It’s analog but it’s quite like an “hybrid”. For me, it’s between the Rev2 and the Hydrasynth… you know what I mean. It’s powerful, really.

The sequencer, the FX are efficient, solid, amazing.

At this time, the only CON for me is the quality of the white keys. They’re bending if you press too much. It give you the feeling that they could break anytime :-/

Overall: it’s a Winner and a Keeper! Alongside with my UDO Super 6, my C-15, Rev2, Quantum, Modor, Hydrasynth, i’m more than happy!

2 Likes

I must confess, I still find I prefer Rev2’s character over what I’ve heard from Polybrute. Obviously, Polybrute takes the cake for modulation and timbre shaping tho.

2 Likes

Good man!

Now please get some patches up on YT ; )

1 Like

edit sounds like it’s all gooood.

Glad you like it !

The keys do bend a little bit, but it’s the same keybed we use on MatrixBrute, we’ve never had broken keys issues on this keybed until now.

5 Likes

Great to know, thanks!
I had a fu***ng and amazing evening with the Polybrute. Holy cow, that was intense! :heartbeat: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I need to reevaluate my Valentine’s Day after reading this.

3 Likes