Audiothingies Doctor A

@elektrosamplist

Please bring back the Doctor A! I’d order two of them. (Or an updated version with added chorus option from MM2!)

2 Likes

I use mine constantly. I got it second hand on reverb. It’s really awesome and the price was fantastic IMO. Wish they weren’t discontinued.

3 Likes

I’d probably only order one, but seriously regret not having done so when the final batch were available.

1 Like

I suspect this is a supply/work shortage rather than a lack of desire. Micromostas are in short enough supply. And it seems totally justifiable, if one only had resources to make a synth or the effects unit of a synth, that one would make a synth.

That said, I love mine, use it all the time, and wish more people had access to it. :crossed_fingers: for the future!

2 Likes

I have an MM2, and one of my favourite things about it is the reverb. I get that a small company might not be able to manage multiple products at once, but I certainly hope they bring out a new version eventually, even if it means taking a break from the MM2.

1 Like

Do these things come up for sale very often? Any talk of another release?

On the website it says “SOLD OUT – We do not plan to build more” :frowning:

2 Likes

Shame. Really really great fx for synths. I use it all the time.

2 Likes

While it seems the original is dead and gone, I do hope they end up doing a “Doctor A2” (Doctor B?) or something down the line after MM2 orders are caught up and chips are cheap and plentiful again. It is for me, also, one of my most used FX. And I get the sense there are not a ton of them out there. Which is sad because:

1. I wish more people could get to play with it, even second hand.
  2. It feels like it’s just one synthfluencer video away from reaching unobtanium status :frowning:
4 Likes

I’d think so, too. It’s just a one man (+help from wife) company and even with the Micromonsta 1 it was small batches every couple of month only. The Doubledrummer suffered a similar fate as with the Doc A.

The MM1 and MM2 seemed to be priority. Pretty sure he has some new ideas already running circles in his mind, but we’ll see.

Probaply. I always thought it deserved more attention, but didn’t expect him to end production so quickly. I thought it was quite popular and maybe the Doubledrummer was an outlier, but the synths are probaply really priority.

True the Doctor A is a fantastic pedal. Very clever UI and beautiful sound! Just sharing the love.

2 Likes

I struggled a loooooong time to find one on the second hand market and I won’t let it go like the others owners :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Unfortunately, there won’t be another batch or another version…
Definitely a great FX box.

4 Likes

I was also searching for a long time after a used one. It is fantastic for synths and I like to use it in my dj sets.

They doesn‘t appear very often. There is one offer online at the moment but the price is very high. Just have a look at eBay-Kleinanzeigen.

1 Like

I sold mine to @Synthtastic
I think he is pretty happy with it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Got my Doctor A back when AudioThingies had them on sale for a good price. Seems like it went under the radar for some reason, which is strange considering the MM1 and MM2 seem to be quite well-known. It’s one of my favorite FX in the studio. Sounds real nice and it’s modular-friendly (headroom + cv control). Two thumbs up.

3 Likes

It is my favorite fx for synths - so great sounding and clearly laid out. I had some guitar pedals before, but this one is so much more adapted for use with synths.

1 Like

I had my eye on it and was surprised by its discontinuation. I regret not having purchased one when I had the chance.

2 Likes

Mine is permanently connected to my sub37 and it’s pure happiness, every time :smiley:

2 Likes

Ditto on so many levels.

Does anyone know any Doctor A alternatives? I mean, I know there are plenty of reverbs and delays out there, but I’m wondering if there’s something comparable to its sound (and features). I’ve only really heard demos on the web and it sounds great