Behringer 2600

The first drips from users is starting.

4 Likes

This sounds beautiful. I quite like whatever they did with the reverb as well.

3 Likes

Nice. Can barely wait for the Korg mini version.

4 Likes

That SynthAnatomy one sounded too good!!!

1 Like

I think the reverb is quite nice , im surprise.

I wonder if they’ve used a KT algo? The FX on the Odyssey are KT but in mono whereas this looks like it’s stereo.

Not going to lie I’m not really a fan of behringer and not been interested in any of the stuff they have made so far just copies of old synths that can’t even hold presets…
But this is interesting because at least they added the extra LFOs and modulation lights, tempting… Still would feel like buying an imitation fake watch though

3 Likes

Drums through the 2600:

I hope Korg gets their’s out quickly. I’d love to see how they pair up against one another.

This seems like a very fully realized instrument. Sonically I’m very pleased with what I’m hearing. I’ve wanted a 2600 for about 26 years or so and I wasn’t able to afford Korg’s FS offering, so this is very exciting to me.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Yeah it does sound well, one of the better demos I’ve seen.

It’s a great instrument. I haven’t heard the original in person but the Behringer sounds great.

The best thing about it is the layout though. Like the original, everything is designed to be reached for and adjusted. It’s a joy to play. Feels very organic.

1 Like

I agree. I really want to like the B2600, but I’ve been so disheartened by most of the demos I’ve watched. It frustrates me that variants of “first session with the new…” are such commonly used disclaimers (for want of a better word). So this one gives me a glimmer of hope.

1 Like

absolutely.

1 Like

I guess there aren’t that many of them ‘in the wild’ yet and only a proportion of those have made it to YouTube. I can hear the Bodyssey in that last demo (which I think sounds fantastic) and that leads me to believe it’s a case of more of the same, which won’t be a bad thing at all!

1 Like

I’ve had mine for 10 days and would say it’s the most payable synth that I’ve used since the Moog Grandmother. By that I mean that I find myself just noodling with it sometimes. Playing things that sound great to just play with. The reverb, although digital unlike the original, really adds some nice space and character.
I typically make deep melodic techno, and this synth is great for that. But I have lost a couple of hours to simply creating lovely sounding synth lines that don’t fit the music I make but are a joy to play none the less.

5 Likes

Jaw dropping. Seriously.

1 Like
9 Likes

3 Likes

Need BLUE!!!

2 Likes