Behringer 2600

interesting marketing tactic: “let’s release the most hideous one first!”

4 Likes

Blue Lives Matter Edition

1 Like

“Featuring carefully selected high-grade components for improved performance, a mechanical spring reverb and unicolor fader LED’s, the Behringer Blue Marvin and Gray Meanie look back at the rarest first editions of the 2600 that was released in 1971.”

So they’ve already enhanced and improved upon their original design before they’ve even fully shipped the first iteration of their 2600?

4 Likes

Dang. I just love the sound of a 2600 no matter what colour shade or religion.

3 Likes

So, basically, they got feedback from the community about what people wished it had. So they created new editions that included that. I can’t see that as a bad thing no matter how hard I try.

4 Likes

Moral grey area edition!

12 Likes

It sure seems interesting that they are giving people what they want…in a limited edition. Also, a lot of people will probably cancel their preorders of the original. I mean, who wants that one, when the better one is out, albeit a limited edtion. Behringer will have a warehouse full of them for years to come, which will be good for consumers when have to give them away at cost.

So i take it that the difference between Gray (notice American spelling) and Blue is color (or colour if you prefer) of the LEDs and face plate, or is there more difference between these two ?

Behringer certainly is good at manufacture of variation, i think of the 47 colors of the TD-3.

well, B registered the name Blue Marvin back in 2019 so this has been in the works for a while…

2 Likes

How does this compare to the ‘standard’ edtition? “We further added some very useful features such as a dual filter, an additional LFO, VCO syncs, USB MIDI, and much more.”

1 Like

You’re meaning the Behringer 2600 ‘standard edition’ ?

These differences really matter to me in that I’ve still got a pre-order in for the earlier B 2600, and I might just want to switch off to one of these two.

Obviously the price will be higher.

I also wonder if the higher quality components might be in things you experience directly, like the sliders, if they switch those out for premium parts it might makes these two all the more attractive.

From their FB: “Shipping begins in February 2021 at US$ 699.”

1 Like

No brainer then. Now the question is which one.

Blue or Gray ?
(Yankee or Reb ??)

1 Like

Grey would look nice beside my 202… :wink:

“Mechanical spring reverb”

“Featuring carefully selected high-grade components for improved performance, a mechanical spring reverb and unicolor fader LED’s, the Behringer Blue Marvin and Gray Meanie look back at the rarest first editions of the 2600 that was released in 1971.
We further added some very useful features such as a dual filter, an additional LFO, VCO syncs, USB MIDI, and much more.
Rumoured that only 25 Blue Marvin’s and 35 Gray Meanie’s were ever made, these modern-day and authentic recreations bring you closer than ever before to these rarities that have always been so out of reach. This time, at a price within reach.
Shipping begins in February 2021 at US$ 699.”

1 Like

That’s very possible. However, once they see the demand shift, I’d be surprised if they didn’t become less than limited editions. :smiley: We’ll see though.

I know I definitely would like a Blue one though. I believe the first thing I said when they announced the original is that I wish they’d do a Marvin/Meanie. (and that I’d do a faceplate myself if I had to) :smiley:

How do they do all that with a $100 delta ?
The spring reverb alone would normally be that much, right ?
Even the hundred is retail so that’s not all money in Behringer pocket.

? ? ?

This is also probably a result of their new factory direct model. They lowered the price point of some of their pedals up to 40% so 699 is probably still a profitable price for them now. pretty wild. I want a Karp 2600M but the price point for me can’t really justify if the B2600 limited is roughly half price and even 80% as good. :S

1 Like

Point me at somewhere taking orders! Blue or grey tho?. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Beats me. Those spring reverbs are probably hand made by Uli himself because he loves you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On the fence with swapping my preorder to a BM. I was planning on using my Grandmother’s spring reverb. However I do like the blue faceplate more. However is that worth it? Plus, yellow lights on a blue backdrop? Why?

1 Like