Behringer 2600

Could be the switch in the AR section.

I am still getting the isdue even though i changed the AR switch to the upside
Very frustrating :tired_face:

Check the video

Thanks for the reply anyway

From the brief look at your ‘patch’ it’s pretty messy and all those sliders at/near Max implies you haven’t nailed the basics - start simple and build from there

the amp modulation inputs you’ve cranked up are not helping - it’s a drone fest

not wishing to sound mean, just spend time getting to know the intricacies of the envelopes and gating

just use the red button and simplify the patch until the amp envelope and filter envelope are in your pocket - then add Midi to the party and take it from there

It’ll be less frustrating and easier to build up - if you start here (see pic) and understand what adding one thing at a time does, then add midi

You have two envelopes feeding the VCA, one is open, you have the ring mod coming in direct too along with every source and whatnot - get the basics straight by starting with simple patches

Thanks for the reply mate, yes I am new to semi-modular synth, I will follow what you described and see what I get.
Thank u so much for taking the time to reply

1 Like

This post will also help (hopefully) wrt the Behringer 2600 …

Diagram from post of the normal connections

This is an arbitrary tech drawing, it’s not a patch, not useful… it’s the additional annotations you may want to take interest in

2 Likes

Thanks, I just bought a course in depth for $10 so hopefully, it will help me more to understand where I am standing, thanks for the diagram

1 Like

If you’ve gazed upon it, it will have cost you a mere $26.00

Not a good deal, i admit, when compared to the very excellent Arp 2600 manual which i strongly recommend reading

There’s a wealth of information available for free (except my scam diagram, bill’s in the post :tongue: ) and loads of videos

The most important bit for you to search out is on envelope usage and modulation and gating the envelopes - this together with understanding the normal/normalled signal flow is vital to get the most of it when the patches get more complicated

Best to start patiently before building up to using duophonic control or the funky stuff towards the bottom

There are LOTS of ways to channel sound around, there’s no right way, but if you’re channelling a lot it’ll end up like in your video with no easy way to grasp the influence of changes

Have a good vanilla patch and build on that - it might be best to learn a few basics before doing the course as the added info will stick better if you’re already a bit on board with it

2 Likes

Thanks again for the info, yeah slowly things are beginning to make sense now, I have been playing with it after watching a couple of videos from this course I bought, I know it is a lot to take in but I am pausing the videos and I try to understand what is happening, It is about 2 hours of videos which seems to be very helpful so far.
As for the triggering issues I had I managed to solve the problem after I updated the firmware, now it is working smoothly, this synth sounds like a monster once you are in control.
Thank u so much for taking time and reply to my post, I really appreciate it

1 Like

oh yeah, that was a thing, maybe this aspect wasn’t clear behind that particular patch to the external listener - something a basic patch could illustrate more clearly

1 Like

These will be helpful as well…

1 Like

I wasn’t quite what I was getting into watching these after picking one up, but was an excellent resource for starting. The 5 common mistakes video should be the place to start IMO.

2 Likes

I love Ralph. I don’t care who knows it

that was the first time i’ve had to use youtube’s playback speed control. dude talks at an agonisingly leisurely pace.

1 Like

The… Behringer… 2600… semi… modular… … … synthesiser… … … by Behringer…

3 Likes

What’s the big hurry? :sloth:

Quick question, as a beginner I have been going through my 2600 to check everything is working as expected and am a bit puzzled about the furthest right slider on osc 3. The normalised connections shows adsr but I have not been able to hear it doing anything without patching , what is its use in an unpatched state?.

It’s normalized to the pulse width of vco 3.
To hear an effect, patch the pulse output into the filter or vca.

1 Like

So to be clear the slider has no purpose in its unpatched, normalised state?, moving it with no connections has no affect?.

No audible effect without patching, no.

1 Like