Behringer Groove Key

Cringy name, and obviously borrows A LOT from Arturia. But potentially useful?

3 Likes

Beystep Pro?

2 Likes

Behrstep Pro?

1 Like

From FB:

“The ultimate Groove Machine.
We’re super excited to have completed the first working prototype called Groove Keys. The casing is still 3D printed but all functions are already working.

Groove Keys comes with very cool features such as:

• 4-Channel Sequencer
  • Dedicated Drum Sequencer
  • Internal Polyphonic Sound Engines
  • Tons of I/Os and CVs

We don’t have a delivery date or price yet, but as always it’ll be very affordable. While we’re still waiting for chips, our many engineering teams are working on close to 100 exciting products to come.
2023 will be a great year. Stay tuned.”

Curious what the “Polyphonic Sound Engines” are…

:rofl:

14 Likes

This is vaporware. It is one of the many behringer products that never got a release date.

1 Like

It remind me when I was 6 years old and I told my mum :
Hey mumy look I have finished my homeworks can I now play some video game :rofl:

Yeah 100 products in 2023, what else…

100 exciting products…

1 Like

Definitely not vaporware.

3 Likes

Would be amazing if it included both the synth, with the drum parts. Even simple digital parts would make this so much more, make your sequence stand alone, and then connect it to some external gear. Makes me remember the Korg Triton Taktile controller / synth. Nice to have that all in a portable package.

1 Like

From an article in SynthAnatomy :

Besides the MIDI sequencer, the Groove Key will also be a groove box with internal polyphonic sound engines. These engine parameters can be edited directly on the interface. On the render photo, you can see controls for cutoff, resonance, pitch, and more. There are no exact details about these at the moment.

I can imagine that Behringer will use the algorithms from the Brains (MI Plaits clone) module for this. Or they develop completely new ones for this project. Let’s see.

Sure they could reuse the software they have in their Brains module. Nice to have filter controls there too. Internal as well (?), cool idea even if it’s paraphonic.

ADDED : Looks like there is Chorus and Reverb with controls built in as well.

1 Like

As with all gear right now, I’ll believe it when it hits shops.

It managed to squeeze in 8 knobs. Wonder if this can “one-up” on KSP.

All this on a tiny little screen.

The interesting thing would be if they also throw in PolyAT given it seems to have every other random thing.

From the company that took 4 years to make the sequencer RD8 usable. I’ll stick with Arturia. Still getting updates for my KS37.

4 Likes

I appreciate that Behringer brings back old synths that their originators don’t want to produce anymore. But I find these ripoffs of recent original Arturia products quite shameless and would never buy that.

9 Likes

Please Behringer leave us alone

6 Likes

It’s hideous. Reminds me of one of those cheap “databank” Casio Organizer ripoff devices from the early 90s.

1 Like

:clap:

The looks/colors/ergonomics of this thing is as impressive as the name.

7 Likes