Behringer Neptune - Roland Juno 6 / 60 clone

Coming soon :wink:

2 Likes

the right side looks really wrong

2 Likes

Moving to the Behringer Gear in Progress thread in 3… 2… 1…

7 Likes

Now they’re doing the V662 there’s a good chance it’s gonna sound more authentic. Ties in with their other Roland based stuff going to MK2. Plus they’ve got their juno chorus

1 Like

I’m so bored of Behringer’s clones. I was actually really excited for the Ub-xa but that was years ago and it’s still not been released. The clones they have released have been mixed - usually not actually a direct clone, and also I think I appreciate innovation more than rose-tinted glory-days fetishism.

Plus all the shady shit they’ve been up to, especially in recent years, has put me off them entirely.

7 Likes

Inb4 it gets moved.

On-topic, this is cool as hell if it ever sees the light of day. I can’t help but think it looks weird though, and I definitely don’t have room for something that big at this point.

Might be better going in the speculation thread (or did. Imagine that?). It’s just a prototype after all

Oops I forgot about that thread.

2 Likes

I will be getting one of these just to smash it to bits. I freaking hate Blehringer. Also they took a beautiful, elegant instrument design and turned it into an ugly monstrosity. Well done!!!

2 Likes

i thought that was what the Deepmind was for but . . . the thing is Roland could make Behringer irrelevant tomorrow if they put out their own reissues with original specs instead of Zencore digital fakery. probably make just as much money too but apparently they have no interest

1 Like

Jesus, its ugly!

7 Likes

My Analog Four and Syntakt can do amazing impressions of Hoover sounds. However, I’ll most likely buy/save up for this thing because of the dream of owning one.

It really is! I know they are all about keeping costs down, but they really need to employ a designer. They basically copied the Roland, but somehow it looks so ugly. Proportions are wrong, or something. I’m not a designer, I can’t put my finger on the problem, but it just looks off.

4 Likes

Eww…

I’ll take ARIA green over that any day.

And don’t we have a Juno clone with Juno X?

(From the article)

Our product engineer Ben (a synth fanatic himself) couldn’t stop playing the Neptune, but we luckily managed to pull it out of his hands and get it in front of our camera.”

wheeze… hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha… OMG… so funny!!! hahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

they’ll all be classics one day

wise parents are buying two sets of every Behringer clone right now for their pre teens, letting them open and play with one set while keeping the other boxed up , nice, tidy, and protected in the attic or basement not to be seen for 20 years

So does the left…

1 Like

I’m waitinggggggg…

Also I get the feeling that B is on some rogue marketing trip that’s not been done before. What with their announce 500 different products and then slowly release them over the next decade. Maybe it’ll be studied in the future.

3 Likes

Roland’s Zencore and Cloud risk making themselves irrelevant, at least outside of pro studios. Totally uninspiring IMO. That said, they certainly know how to stay alive and kicking.

As a ex owner of juno 60 i recommend to anyone wanting juno ( and not wanting to pay a lot for a real ( but very basic ) synth ) to buy sequential take 5. It can sound very rolandish. And it has two oscillators (and subosc not to be disregarded ) and amazing mod matrix for modern and more complex sounds. It can do a lot, and still sound lovely doing simple raw sounds. Reverb and second fx slot sound very good, very usable, which surprised me

4 Likes

generally supportive of the B clones but something about this doesn’t sit right with me. perhaps it’s because i used to own a Juno 6, and it was beautiful, and this looks horrible. i think i’d like it more if they refreshed the look of it, perhaps with a nod towards the OG but doing something new visually.

2 Likes