Behringer PRO-800

sl1200mk2 posted $600 USD and this April up thread.

I think a Poly D combo with this beast is enough Analogue synthesizer for a lifetime of experimentation.(great keybed). And quite a small footprint.

1 Like

Agreed!

Lol when I read that I thought for a brief moment that B was cloning turntables next. Sorry sl1200mk2, I totally knew you existed.

Seems to be available for preorder now. 389 ā‚¬

1 Like

Safe to say their chip shortage is no longer a problem. Thatā€™s 300 cheaper than a lot of initial suggestions.

One thing I have to give B credit for is lowering the prices back down a bit once the manufacturing caught up. I fear a lot of producers here in the States are going to try and milk that inflation period permanently.

9 Likes

Thomann has the Toro on pre order too. Ā£214 is a good price

1 Like

I was ready to be let down with another delay but wow, if itā€™s that cheap Iā€™m picking one up for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, I probably will too . 400 international credits is a really good price.

Wow, an 8 voice poly for Ā£370, would have been unimaginable a few years ago.

I know looks shouldnā€™t matter if it sounds good, but I am shallow enough to be put off by the look of this thing, esp. that blister keys, keypad section :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

It looks like thereā€™s a long midi cc implementation too
But Iā€™d hold till hearing actual demos , a YouTube vid from starsky ā€¦ details like envelopes / midi sync / lfo midi sync , does the arp stay in sync etc

4 Likes

The membrane keys are an interesting touch. I do wish that sometimes Behringer took the initiative to update some of these old synths front panel designs. This one especially. I donā€™t want to feel like Iā€™m using the microwave, unless itā€™s from Waldorf.

6 Likes

Yeah it ends up in this uncanny valley, or worst of both worlds - you canā€™t convince yourself youā€™re using the original, neither do you get a modern or more usable/updated experiance

4 Likes

50,000 pre-orders already according to Behringer facebook page.

With 50,000 orders, Iā€™m guessing that these wonā€™t be available in the wild for quite some time (unless retailers are planning huge inventories). Thatā€™s fine with me though. It would force me to actually wait and see if itā€™s something I could really see myself using, considering I already have a Take 5. The price is just amazing though. Less than many new guitar pedals! If I ran across one, it would be tempting for sure!

I wonder if the Solina will be easier to get oneā€™s hands on.

2 Likes

To be clear about what Behringer said exactly :

From the super-partners. We donā€™t know the time frame for this, nor do we know how many of these are in response to pre-orders to the retailers, or if they are based on projections or expectations. I think if you want one, you could ask your retailer, and see what they say. No doubt these will sell, but i donā€™t think we have the information to predict how long the wait will be, or even if there is one.

1 Like

Japan doesnā€™t really work that way. Dealers pretty much announce when they will accept orders/preorders and thatā€™s it. Iā€™m fine with that though, no rush.

As you said itā€™s all just speculation, so weā€™ll soon see how this goes.

1 Like

50,000 orders? This has to be a record for people interested in the Prophet 600 sound.

3 Likes

Someone posted the CC list over on Muffs and itā€™s pretty lengthy. There will be a lot of midi control available.

Now, I wonder how long till the U.S. gets theirs. SW has a page up but no pre-orders yet.

2 Likes

It looks like the keypad from a hotel-room safe!

5 Likes