Behringer RD-9

That sounds like a plan :+1:

1 Like

Do it with expensive gear normally but this one I had to just go for right away… That Paypal in 3 is great I bought lots off there, if they’re in stock and you choose that option then you get it next day or within 48 hours.
You need to choose the Paypal option tho

Thxs

1 Like
1 Like

The TR-8S sounds way, way more like the 909 than the RD-9 does there. That RD-9 kick is not quite right IMO. Not a bad sound, per se, but it doesn’t sound like a 909. The overall sound is not gelling together in the same way. Could just be that specific comparison though.

3 Likes

There are some vids on yt that compare two 808’s against one another and they sound further apart than these units. It’s analog, they’re all snowflakes.

1 Like

Wow! RD9 really kicks.

2 Likes

Interesting video.

It encouraged me to pull my TR-8S off the shelf to give it another go before deciding on whether to purchase a RD-8 and RD-9. Overall, the Behringer products seem to better align with my desired workflow.

2 Likes

Tried a few of the behringer synths and while they were solid, I found that I didn’t want to put in time commitment over other gear. Not sure if this would be any different…

I hear very high strange artifacts on the RD-9 in this video.
Maybe it’s the video… Or is it normal and just more pronounced on the RD-9, since it sounds way brighter than the other two?

Indeed, it sounds like an equalized 909, with a louder kick. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Kickdrum on RD-9 sounds kind of wrong. But i am still hyped. I hope that i get one from the first batch

The RD-9 has more tuning options than the original so it could very well be wrong matching

the tuning is different on all three which is to be expected considering the age of the original machine. RD9 sounds brighter overall from all the videos, to be expected as it’s brand new?

the TR8s always has this unpleasent brittle quality to my ears imho. from what I’ve heard so far, i prefer the chunky quality of both the RD9 and TR909. Same quality I get from the Nava clones i can pitch down or take out the highs if i want to get closer. Cutting over boosting any day of the week.

In the comparison Video it sounded more mid range focused to me. I would like to use the RD-9 for live Techno sets in clubs and I don’t know if this would f**k up my sound an trigger my comp too much

Who cares at this price? External processing is your friend here. YouTube videos do it no justice I’ll bet the kick sounds good enough through your own monitors.

Some vst’s cost more than this :+1:

6 Likes

As a user I can say this: RD-9 sounds fantastic and is a joy to play.

6 Likes

I’m looking to trigger a few modules from both my RD-8 and RD-9 then have them triggered by the MPCX as master clock, happy you’re liking your RD-9
People listening to YouTube aren’t really getting the real sound IMO

2 Likes
3 Likes

Hope this doesn’t get me burned at the stake but I actually like the RD-9 sound better. It seems fuller, brighter and more alive.

2 Likes