Behringer RD-9

Haha why would it mate? Lots of opinions here however I doubt most here have owned a real one anyways to compare the sound, like I say these videos don’t show the true sound 100% you have to have one in your hands and judge for yourself.

I agree with you on this one… lets burn together pal

3 Likes

Sounds like a 909 to me.

I’m actually pretty impressed with how much it sounds like a 909.

Too big for me though.

3 Likes

Sounds great to me too and like Iv’e said it’s only £269 and so costs less than a soft synth. Mine is on order so can’t wait to get my hands on it and maybe another one for 20yrs storage lol sell it for 4k for my retirement :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It’s in German

another…

Yep, that pair sounds like the real deal :smiley:

It’s really such a good time for people starting out (and everyone else obviously) with music, like you can get such deadly sounding gear even if you’re making f all in a part time job

3 Likes

I’m gonna make so much gabber/hardcore with this baby

4 Likes

Sound great. Same as the TD-3-> It’s a one trick pony. Have had both of the originals and at this price I will be buying one for tricking the pony (I have a TD-3 and love it). Looks more fun than the original actually. I love programming on the 303, but hated the 909 workflow. Wonder if they improved on it?

2 Likes

Hmm on my iPhone speakers the OG sounds more “bouncy” and alive. The RD9 sounds much more “compressed” and tight. Of course iPhone speakers are crap but imho it’s always a good test.

Still very good sound though! Maybe it had the compressor / wave shaper enabled?

1 Like

yup… sounds much more “modern”, if this can even apply to 909 sounds.

RD-9 feat. Ruina Versio

2 Likes

More fun with the RD-9

2 Likes

Arrived this morning. Looking forward to playing with it today

7 Likes

Please, owners, give us your opinion about it.

I’ll probably get one eventually because I want the sounds but I also really want the ‘clack’ that those step buttons inevitably make.

Has anyone come across demos of folks using this in a non-techno way yet? All that is very cool, but as a Phil Collins admirer, I kinda just want to watch people program some Pop beats.

Well I’ve had a play with it today and I’m happy with it. Not sure all of the sounds are 100% authentic but the enhanced mode and extra controls are cool and add something extra. Only scratched the surface but it played very nicely with the RD 8.

I don’t think it has the same mechanical ‘clack’ buttons.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t. They’re like the membrane RD 8 type. :+1:

Shame about the buttons as i love the 909s cherry keys. That’s a bit of a miss as far as I’m concerned. Hopefully this machine will feel just as playable

3 Likes

Yeah that would have been a nice touch (excuse the pun!). In terms of playability It’s pretty much the same as the RD 8 for the sequencer and mute/solo etc so if you’ve used one you’ll be away. One difference is the when programming the step buttons you get the normal or accent options. I’m guessing this is the same as the OG 909?

1 Like