Behringer RD-9

@Bunker mine isn’t even here yet FFS ordered on June 12th from Anderton’s.

1 Like

Hello everyone! We spent a lot of time with the Behringer RD-9 and this is our thorough review. We included lots of diverse example patterns with different settings and a blind test comparing it to Roland’s ACB emulation of the 909. Also, what’s wrong with the Hi-Hat in Authentic Mode?

14 Likes

Really enjoyed your video. The humor, the editing, audio postproduction. All the work you have put into this. Subbed and looking for more. Great work ! Keep it going. I am not on the market for any Behringer product, but I do enjoy your review quite a bit.

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush:

When I found out the step buttons don’t go clicky-clack, I was so bummed out.

2 Likes

Ah so you’re the guy does these videos? Respect, I like the way you do these reviews. I’m bummed about the RD-8 man I thought I’d got a cheap deal a few weeks ago only to find there was an MKII due out a few days after I purchased, grrrrr. Great videos tho thanks for posting, off to sub to your YouTube now :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :+1:

Oops already subbed after watching RD-8 video :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh me too… You get used to it, but if you’ve ever typed on a mechanical keyboard you know what you’re missing.

Don’t be bummed out, I don’t think the difference will be that big. We’re going to find out soon :wink:

1 Like

Shame it’s not stereo with some internal panning

Yeah, it really takes a lot of cables and inputs to make it stereo :frowning:

1 Like

RD-9 hooked up with Octatrack

1 Like
1 Like

Hello everyone! In our newest video we analyzed the first minute of Jeff Mills’ “Exhibitionist Mix 3”. We used the Behringer RD-9, but the techniques and tricks can also be used on many other drum machines. And they’re not only applicable to Techno, but actually very useful in general. Hope you like it!

20 Likes
3 Likes

I can only listen to 909 if it comes with a certificate of authenticity and full historic ownership details and photos of each electrical component .

If you play that live or on record the entire audience will demand their money back.

Sorry. :joy:

And unboxing videos - we truly are evolving as a species. Wtf

3 Likes

You’ve obviously never been to Blythe, California.

Soon unboxing videos will come with sensory feedback, enabling the viewer to not only feel the packaging beneath their fingers but also to smell the various plastics and cardboards used in their construction… Not to mention the exhilarating scent of a fresh piece of hardware newly released from its corporate bondage.

popped up in my feed earlier, might be of interest to someone…

3 Likes

Anyone else order an RD-9 from Anderton’s in the UK? Ordered and paid for mine on 12th June 2021 original delivery date was 12th August then it jumped to 22nd September then 22nd October now the website says next stock 30th November FFS

RD-9 Page