Behringer RD-9

Absolutely mate love it :heart_eyes: :+1:

@Bunker @acidhouseforall you know these RD-9ā€™s are only Ā£269 at Andertonā€™s right?
Wellā€¦ what say I buy another one, donā€™t open it, come back to this thread in say 2040 and post some eBay links (if eBay is still going) with a starting price of Ā£3,000 ? Lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m sorely tempted to get the RD8 Mk2

1 Like

Hereā€™s one I did with a few RG bits, notably the stab.

1 Like

Should we order one each tonight? Iā€™m getting one mate just donā€™t know when. Have you seen those FONIK stands for the RD8 MK1? Wonder if theyā€™d fit the RD-9 too?

They look sweet but bear in mind the RD9 is a bit narrower than the RD8

The Mk 2 clap does sound better than the Mk1 from what Iā€™ve heard on YT vids. Plus having two give you access to the shared sounds where you can only have one or the other such as maracas, claves and the Tom/conga options.

1 Like

Letā€™s collab one day this summer on some old acid house stuff mate and knock something out? Iā€™m pretty good with sound design, producing, arrangement and mastering too :+1:

1 Like

Cool. Iā€™ll have to send you some stems. Big piano banger Alert!

1 Like

Well, I say we donā€™t know what the future classics will be. This, and also I pledged not to buy gear in 2022. Viva 2023 :smirk:

1 Like

@Bunker had a reply from Fonik

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your enquiry and interest in our products.

Unfortunately we havenā€™t managed to get hold of an RD-9 just yet so we havenā€™t checked whether it fits the RD-8 stand. From looking at the dimensions online and the pictures it does look the same size but I think there are some additional end cheeks on the RD-9 which could potentially make the RD-9 too wide.

We could check the stand against your measurements of the RD-9. The stand uses holes in the supports to hold the device in place so its a case of the feet on the product lining up the same too.

Kind regards

Alex

Fonik

enquiries@fonik.co.uk

Well I have only bought a couple of euro rack modules in 2022 but I got some hardware too here, I donā€™t plan on buying too much this year as I have absolutely everything I need to make music.
Iā€™m planning on playing some live stuff later this year however I have absolutely no idea how these YouTube guys stream stuff and what gear/cameras they use or Iā€™d be all over it just for some Saturday night live acid house etc by yours truly haha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Hereā€™s the difference Rob. Was discussed some time ago further up the thread.

1 Like

Yeah soā€¦ what Iā€™d want is to have some sort of dual stand for the RD-8 MKII and RD-9 I just havenā€™t got the room for them side by side mate. Might design my own dual stand and have it made at some point.

1 Like

Ctrl+F ā€œMateā€ @rob_lee wins! Nice work mate

1 Like

Deffo mate we can absolutely do something soon :+1: When it comes to Acid or House itā€™s impossible to get stuck in a rut. Itā€™s what I love to do.
I must say though Iā€™m more productive at night when. the tribe is asleep and arenā€™t bugging me. I work mainly with hardware synths etc then produce in Logic, I have Live Suite 10 but thatā€™s just a toy, what do you have your end mate?

1 Like

Mostly hardware synths and drum machines. It depends on what Iā€™m doingā€¦ sometimes I use hardware sequencing either on the synth or with a dedicated sequencer, other times I sequence audio in Renoise. Iā€™ve got Studio One when I need it as my mixer is a StudioLive. My go to style would be piano house. I can churn them out for fun!

1 Like

Yeah I love Piano House mate, thatā€™s pretty easy do produce. Got M1 here in software (used to own the original) You donā€™t get better than that M1 House Piano thatā€™s for sure. Got plenty midi for that I made for my MPCX.
Hereā€™s some Classic House Piano riffs

1 Like

Iā€™ve got two M1ā€™s and the software version :joy::joy:

1 Like

Send me one of your spare M1ā€™s pal and Iā€™ll support the Citeh for a day? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

One is an absolute dog that I got for Ā£100 years ago. The other is a one owner minter. I got it off a girl I grew up with on my street. She got it for her birthday when we were at school. Funnily enough last time I spoke to her she offered my another! Her hubby had bought it her but she just uses the software version now.

1 Like