Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

That’s funny you say that bc I just preordered the crave and a red td3. I’m debating on going for the rd9 or maybe learn more toward drumatix or a modded nava.

1 Like

Good call!

Based on my impressions of the RD 8, the 9, if it’s as good, would be a no brainier. Just got to hang on until it hits the streets.

I think they are doing the right thing, cloning circuit boards exactly and passing the savings to music makers.

Why are most of you guys putting this down?

4 Likes

I have a mam mb33, mor than enough acid machine for me. Guess my acid days are long gone together with the dance events. Back to the Lyra for today :wave:

2 Likes

There’s a lot of debate about Behringer, whether it be cloning old designs or their Chinese manufacture. It’s been argued to death here and elsewhere. Let’s try and keep the discussion on the instruments or else the thread just degenerates fairly quickly! :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

Yes, i think this is really weird! I just love the moment when i turn on the sub and everything begins to sounds epic :slight_smile: maybe use a triangle or sinus as a sub. Or transport everything up for on octave and then use the sub…

About the TD-3. I will use my Analog Four as sequencer. Creating patterns with a A4 or even a TB-3 is much more intuitive.

6 Likes

I must be a masochist… not been ne’er the OT for months, concentrating on other stuff. so now it’s time to try and remember how to work it! :joy::joy:

I love a big fat 50/50 square wave sub. Mmmm🙂

1 Like

It’s way cool that they make equipment that is so accessible to everyone. I’m all for it.
It’s just in bad taste that they “copy” the image too. It’s like copying your mates homework without permission.
I’m sure they’d sell just as many of these if it looked like an SE Boomstar 3003, or a box of knobs.
Either way, I’m going to get one and use it as a nifty door bell.

2 Likes

It’s a real shame they’re not doing a black version. The photoshopped one looked so good!

4 Likes

Me too! Especially square wave sub OSC’s.
It can be okay if going solo, but throw in a kick drum and a Tuba… things go to mud.

2 Likes

what’s the cause of the less rubberiness on td3 sequences? just curious.
wonder if it’d be extra rubberiserable in settings or an update or somink :thinking:

Maybe a bit of internal tweakage would yield results? I guess we’ll have to wait until they hit the streets or someone tears one down.

2 Likes

Interesting that this is another milestone in the story of the 303 itself. Analog recreation at this price will be sold more and appear in more music.

3 Likes

how long until the 80s indian disco / synth funk revival begins?

11 Likes

Great track, it just needs a little 303 on top of it!

Anxiously awaiting the Behringer Jupiter 4…

Yes exactly! It’s like, it feels nice when writing stuff, because it, well, gets a FULLER sound from playing the same thing an octave below - obviously. But IMO you lose the character of the original OSC too much. And the mud, oh the mud. Every time I write a bass patch on my Sub 37 I try mixing the sub oscillator in ever so slightly, and after a while I go: NOPE, and turn it off. The sub oscillator simply sounds worse than the original played an octave below. This is all very much subjective of course.

To tie this whole thing in with the TB303/TD-3: I LOVE the sound of this thin, fragile, wonky, flimsy little thing. The loopop video shows how awesome acid sounds when it is not played as a typical acid bass line (with some reverb on :slight_smile: this will indeed be my first Behringer product, and no shame felt! It’s just too good!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Anyone found where we can pre-order this in North America?