Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

Where else? Sweetwater!

1 Like

I wish Perfect Circuit would be selling these because they owe me for selling me a shit TT-606

Ah didn’t see it earlier 
 Just when I thought that I won’t buy anymore gear, oh well hhh

1 Like

It’s crazy how close the re is from the original

1 Like

ACK! I didn’t realize the black one was a photoshop! :laughing: Oh well
 silver it is. Or maybe blue, but most likely silver!

1 Like

That black photoshopped one looked great! Wish that were real.

2 Likes

I’ve ordered a silver one from Thomann but will have to wait a couple of weeks. Gives me time to sell some other bits.

Lol

13 Likes

Shame they couldnt spell it correctly :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Also a shame they can’t kern their type correctly. You could drive a bus between the “W” and “e”. Then again, they’re not known for their attention to detail :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Loving the Moot Booxle vidgeo - He got da funk going on with this this!

4 Likes

Maybe it’s been told before and I missed a post or two, but Thomann will start shipping the TD-3 november 29.

1 Like

soundwise I’m not a purist at all : I have a TB-03 & either recorded ( with fx & in the mix etc ) or live ( blasting out of a big PA system - sounds great ! ) it’s plenty close enough for me. Sounds like acid ? Oh yes.
So the other reason I much pefer the TB-03 is that is has ROLAND on it. No, I’m not being sarcastic either. It’s the same company. ACB or not, it’s the Roland corporation - you know, who made the original.
I think you’ll either get this - I think @darenager & I are on the same page - or you won’t. Maybe it doesn’t matter to you at all - in the same way that whether something is analogue or not doesn’t matter to me - & that’s fine.
But for me, Uli B rehashing other company’s iconic instruments over & over again is really starting to boil my piss. Make your own stuff - that’s cool. I’ve got a few friends who have Neutrons & love them.
But as for this
 I’ll stick to my TR-8S & TB-03 thanks.

3 Likes

As long as they sell tons of boxes I guess they don’t care about your precipitation products.

2 Likes

my neutron had a scratchy knob after 1 year of average use, i think you have what you pay for

i don’t think it will last 30 years or +

1 Like

Well it is done from a different standpoint to the Behringer one, a labour of love created by someone who cared enough to get everything exact vs a purely commercial product that is built to a price, that is why it costs more, you get what you pay for. Don’t get me wrong for some people the Behringer one will be good enough, for others it won’t and it is nice that the RE-303 is an option.

There is the possibility that some people will buy both, but I don’t see them as competition for each other.

2 Likes

The “o” in Ghosts is also suffering

1 Like

I just pre-ordered from Sweetwater and their current price is $149.

5 Likes

For me, the sound is definitely different. To point, that even the different units of OG’s sounded different doesn’t stand up the fact, how similar the RE-303 sounded to the OG? They can sound different but as much as the RE-303 sounded, but not, how different the TD3 sounded. For me, the TD3 has not that liquid and warm element in its sound and i probably will skip it, if they wont come up with some sort of fix. But, to get sort of acid sound for 150 is healthy in my opinion. Lets wait and see

Owning TT BB v1, v2 and TB03

1 Like

Totally! I am honestly a little bit disappointed as they did not quite get the sound of the MS 20, too