Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

Yes, it is possible to trigger a slide using a single MIDI track. What Elektron device are you using to sequence the TD-3?

Accent is triggered by the MIDI velocity value. The default for this is 96 (but can be changed in Synthtool), so if you sequence a note with a velocity greater than 96 it will be accented.

A slide is triggered if the MIDI note length overlaps with the following note.

Iā€™ve thought about this and unfortunately I canā€™t see how a MIDI slide can possibly be the same as a natively sequenced slide unless it is triggered by a CC rather than by overlapping notes.

Hereā€™s an image showing the waveforms of a native slide and a MIDI triggered slide:

Native Slide vs. MIDI Slide

Note how the MIDI triggered slide note is a) longer b) decays more and c) reduces the length of the following note.

3 Likes

When did you order? I order a silver one from them on boxing day and have not heard anything since ordered.

tried it with octatrack and digitakt. could have tried it with the A4 as well, but thought it will be the same result.

I just got the shipping notice from my Sweetwater pre-order, so theyā€™ve landed in the US (at least for this dealer). My rep was pretty accurate with his original estimate of late Jan or possibly early Feb. I should have it hopefully by Saturday!

2 Likes

Woo got my shipped notification from Sweetwater. Should be here any day!

2 Likes
1 Like

In black tooā€¦

And itā€™s the same price

Well, I paid 116ā‚¬ for the silver one, will not receive it until April though. I could not resist and ordered the black one. The gold one is ugly as f***

1 Like

Fuck sakes

Iā€™m so skint right now but I need that black one so bad

Does anyone want to buy me one for a swap of a roland tb 03?

1 Like

sell your tb03 and get two TD3Ā“sā€¦:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Red is in stock at GC and MF websites now.

1 Like

The turnaround wouldnā€™t work, Iā€™ll go back in the shadows and wait. The mod scene is just getting started anyway :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Holy fuck, I was searching for this fixā€¦ thnks for this post :smiley:

1 Like

I guess you are aware of the TD3 mod thread going on on Gearslutz.

I am going to do some of the easy mods, specially the rubbery mod.

Mp3 example

Here is the full modding guide

The TD3 now sounds very close to a OG 303, and with most devilfish mods possible too

4 Likes

Yes mate Iā€™m all over that

Is there any place selling the yellow smiley in the USA? Havenā€™t seen it anywhereā€¦

You have to ask at Sweetwater.