Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

Called them a few moments ago, they said they don’t have it. :pensive:

Update! Sweetwater does have a limited amount.

I Was going to say, then they must be out because I’m on the list :smile:

2 Likes

Ordered yellow

2 Likes

Just got mine.
I’m noticing a fairly persistent scratching sound. I tried both the 1/4 inch output as well as the phones output and it’s present in both. I’ve updated the firmware. Also tried the main volume at half just in case it was a headroom issue. Distortion is definitely off. Still there.
I’ve attached audio for reference. Has anyone else had this issue? I appreciate any insight, especially if it’s an error on my part.

How many different cables have you tried? Have you tested it running into a different mixer or different inputs on your interface? Have you tested it by using headphones directly, or did you mean that you used the headphone output connected to your mixer or interface just as a point of comparison? Is the scratchy sound still there when using headphones connected directly to the headphone out? Have you tried connecting the unit to a different power outlet or different power strip? Some variables for you to investigate.

I’ve thought I was having scratchy issues with gear many times only to find that it was a fader on the mixer, a shitty cable that was working fine one day and not the next, etc.

1 Like

Yellow and black ordered. If you’re gonna do it…

I just hope the black TD-3 means a black RD-6 is also in the works

3 Likes

Yeah, the new colours vid was fairly recent so it might not be far off. Wish I could say the same of the RD 9…

Imagine a rebirth 338 black trinity of 808, 909, 101 based on behringer products. Game over !

1 Like

Thank you for the ideas!
So far I’ve tried three different cables on both the phones out and main out. Just tried plugging it into a low end furman and no luck. I went as far as to put a scope on the wall wart output and the power was incredibly clean. It obviously wasn’t under load, but that’d be really hard to measure.
That wall wart is a little more difficult to replace than normal due to the fact that the outside is positive and the inside is negative, whereas most devices require the opposite.

The noise only seems to occur when the VCA is active and it almost disappears when I turn the cutoff/decay up all the way and resonance/envelope/accent down all the way. Doesn’t get rid of it completely, but it occurs much less frequently. Makes the sound pretty boring though.
At this point I’m just trying to figure out if I have a defective unit or not and potentially who I should talk to first.

1 Like

do you have a normal slide played via midi?

Damn dude sounds like you’re already running the diagnostics, if you’ve already killed off all external variables then you’ve got a defecto box, and when you get your replacement you’ll know for sure if you did. You’ve tried the unit direct into headphones on your head and not into an interface or mixer? If so and it’s still there, send it on back!

2 Likes

Didnt try it yet, hope to check it out tonight!

I know its not desired, but man that nostalgic crack sounds like an old acid 12". :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tried with JUST the headphones in the main output, phones output, as well as the main output into my Scarlett 2i2 (volume knob on td-3 at 12 o’clock) to record the noise.
Thank you for your help! I wanted to exhaust all my options before I became a cranky customer. But yeah :frowning:
Looks like its going back.

2 Likes

Appreciate your experience as I’m awaiting one tomorrow.
Good luck with yours.

I’ve had the red td3 for about a week. I’m going to return it. I’m not impressed at all. I tried to like it but it’s just not growing on me.

2 Likes

Oh yea they’re in stock at Sweet water if no one cares about the color of it, red for the win.

You don’t like the sound?

1 Like

i just realized if you return it, i can b stock purchase it lol

5 Likes