Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

The weight isn’t a deal breaker for me, I was just surprised as first. Agreed it can be handy tho… it would have gone with me to my pals in my rucksack last night…had I been able to find my rucksack. Didn’t fancy riding to his carrying a TD 3 and beers under my arm…that would have been askin* for trouble :joy:

1 Like

Maybe I’m a bit slow, but what’s the difference between slide and legato on the TD?

I don’t know either! Is it that a slide starts before the 2nd note is triggered? That’s what I can immediately think of. :slight_smile:

1 Like

shake it and wiggle it yo

One will slide , the other will play the notes between the 1st / 2nd note triggers.
I think.
Probably much better things on YouTube / googlies

Does anyone know of any in stock UK or Europe?

Not currently in stock (reading 2-5 days) I’d probably buy from thomann , they seem to have had the most stock though they come with Eu plug and adapter.

Anderson’s have them due Tuesday 14th , no idea if that’s accurate.
I’ve seen a few appear on gumtree at normal price too.

Anderton said 9th for the black version which has now changed to the 14th :worried:

Yeah those store release dates are always pretty speculative when it comes to new gear. I never get my hopes up but sometimes they’ve been surprisingly accurate.

I was checking for any sneaky stock, as i once bought a synth from a retailer when the item wasn’t officially for sale. I think they had the stock come in a few weeks before the official release date. I just made a random & impromptu call to the store, got chatting & was offered one.

No worries either way though.

Cheers!

I know from personal experience that Andertons put unrealistic stock dates up, they are normally 2 weeks from the point you want to order but during that two weeks the date may be extended, sometimes for many weeks . Not smart business imo as I have avoided them ever since.

That’s a shame. I buy pretty much all my gear from Andertons, if in stock. But similar things stop me buying from other retailers. Can’t remember who but they always show the rrp way higher than was ever stated by the manufacturers. So to the uninitiated it looks like you’re making a really decent saving, when you’re not.

Thomann emailed today to say my yellow TD should be delivered tomorrow so I’m guessing their stock has come in. Aren’t they now tied up with/own what was digital village? They might have stock if Thomann have?

I ordered a black and yellow on the same day and I’ve had the black one a few weeks now. They seem to have dropped the limited edition status of the yellow? Maybe they had enough interest to offer it alongside the other colours.

Fuxake

Got an email with the header ‘important update about your order’ from Anderton

Thought ah here it comes :muscle:

They’re now expected some on the 22nd :man_facepalming:

Doesn’t really matter too much as I want the black one…all those bastards getting two :rage:

1 Like

Thomann seem to have the Blue, which I initially wanted. But since the Black one was announced I really want that one. Hmmmmm…

W H A T!!!

Better not be.

The black and yellow were originally touted as limited edition. That info was in the early listings for them, at Thomann at least.

Dv247 are quoting mid may in stock for the black one.

1 Like

I just wanted to chime in and say I finally got round to trying out my TD-3-SR and let me tell you, this thing absolutely rocks my socks off. The sound is juicy and fat, the knobs feel firm and do you know what? I even love the sequencer. The inclusion of copy/paste functionality is a game changer in terms of creating useful A/B pattern changes and the distortion isn’t half bad either. Worth every penny. I’ve even been sampling single notes and running them through effects for nice stabs.

4 Likes

You probably know this, but you can feed the phones out back to filter in for extra filter overdrive…
Just like the minimoog.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much, Thomann sometimes unlists items they temporarily don’t have in stock. I’m sure the black one will come back.

They had a similar note on the yellow one as late as last week saying they wouldn 't be able to get new stock or not anytime soon at least. Yet this week they had a new batch ready for order anyway (and mine should arrive tomorrow, yay! :smiley: ).

Mine should have arrived yesterday (weirdness with UPS) but it arrived today. Here it is with the BK I’ve had for a while

2 Likes