Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

My 2nd unit should arrive Tuesday…
Already got blue , black on the way. One of them will get modded and hopefully continue to work.

1 Like

ppq is pulses per quarter note

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Behringer era

Got mine today. I use the A4 as sequencer for the TD-3.
Analog Four Midi out into TD-3. Choose a track on the A4. For slides make notes overlapping. For accent use Velocity value over 98.

ACID heaven!

4 Likes

I already saw 2 secondhand in Spain for 100€ and 120€, if a “Devilfish” version is finally made we will see a lot of them for way less than 100€.
I am happy I cancelled both I ordered and bought a M:C instead. I think these TD3’s come 10 years late…

quick question: is there a swing setting on the TD-3? With vouchers I can get one for €75 so will get it anyway – if only to tide me over until i can buy the Cyclone, but just curious.

I don’t think so, you’d have to use an external sequencer that swings or something that can swing a midi or din sync like the Swynx sync box.

New firmware available. I looked at the release notes last night, some mention of slides fixed.

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Keyboards/Synthesizers-and-Samplers/TD-3-SR/p/P0DTD/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

1 Like

Can you post the notes here if you have a minute?

You can make slides from an external sequencer with overlapping notes.

I just tried. I think the pdf was within the zip file and I’m not on my desktop atm.

I only realised when I tried to launch the synth tool to change the sync settings…before I noticed the buttons…

I know… RTFM!,

Didnt that FW update come a little while ago? Looks like behringer has updated the synth tool yesterday. But it migth have been just the synth tool, and not the firmware though.

Slides over midi was fixed a little while ago but there was a. New firmware in the last few days.

I think it had an option for slide / legato

2 Likes

V 2.3.5 (2020-03-11)

• Add Slide and Legato modes with TD-3.
  • Fixed Poly D update issue.
1 Like

Recently got this unit, quite satisfied with it. Only thing I dislike is the build quality. I mean when I put it on my desk and smash in some notes it’s all shaking and stuff. Guess I can fix it myself by putting some rubbery pads under it. Can’t complain overall for the 150 bucks though.

2 Likes

Sounds like an authentic clone, then.

8 Likes

To be fair there are no wobbly pots/switches etc on mine but…it’s super fly away lightweight. The Bodyssey and MS are fairly hefty chunks as are the eurorack format modules. Even the crave looks like it’s got a more substantial chassis. That said it it what it is… a plastic box.

1 Like

Yeah I mean the Volcas weigh almost nothing without batteries so I don’t know that it’s a big problem that it’s a light plastic enclosure, so I don’t really understand why some folks are knocking the weight aspect when other synths like it are the same. I do think it would have been really cool to have a steel or aluminum case in the same format, Crave got it right! Crave is more money as well…

1 Like

I don’t understand either, it’s obviously a big win, that’s less weight to carry at the gig. An alu case would have been nice though.