Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

this will pair nicely with the upcoming RD-6

hmm maybe I’ll keep my xoxbox tho, its going to get more “vintage” once these hit the shops. Besides, generating riffs on the fly is too fun (running SockOS)

1 Like

Thank you for this @Unifono !!! Wowowow.

1 Like

Isn’t he using 202?

The rumor mill has it we’re talking about €150,- (read on German synth forum sequencer.de)

1 Like

It brings an affordable price tag to the table and will become the new baseline (no pun intended) for comparison by novice consumers.

What does everything else have in relation to it? I suspect you can actually tell me, given your beautiful profile picture.

True dat :smile:

Excellent. We’re all Hardfloor now. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes I love the muted tones for bass too, cutoff and resonance right down, plenty-o accents and slides and THAT sqaurewave, never gets old.

But I also love love love the watery chirpy acid with full resonance and judicious tweaking of cutoff, env mod and decay, plenty of reverb and delay, does something weird to my brain :rofl:

Since the mid 90’s though never really been into the hard overdriven acid anymore, just sounds a bit dated to me, probably from over exposure back then, it kind of locks me into that time period when everything had to be harder, faster and more, IMHO.

3 Likes

as far as I know he did the whole Sonno album on the mc202 and the whole Risveglio on the tb303

Good times.

never really been into the hard overdriven acid anymore, just sounds a bit dated to me

Plenty of these nowadays :slight_smile:

Cortini quote

Last year, Alessandro Cortini released Sonno via Dominick Fernow’s Hospital Productions imprint, crafting the album with just a Roland MC-202 and a delay pedal. For the album’s followup, Risveglio , Cortini has added to his arsenal with some key pieces, Roland’s TR606 and TB303.

“The 303 can be such a haunting instrument used in a certain way, and I felt it completely fit the mood of the previous work I have done on the 202, especially when given a specific location in space,” he says. “It’s such a living instrument.”

4 Likes

A little pinch of drive can really bring out the bubbly IMHO. The 3 different drive models on the TB-03 are pretty nice for that.

Yep, definitely, just not me anymore. That’s one of the great things about acid/303, so versatile and not pinned down to one sound/usage, something for everyone.

Yeah, I sometimes like to run it thru AH too, but generally I tend to avoid the screamy stuff that I used to do, and go for a fat driven bass or some subtle catching of resonance with the overdrive.

I should add that I do appreciate all acid styles, screamy and hard or subtle and dubby and anything in between, just that I tend to rarely stray above 125bpm these days :smile: I also drive much slower than I used to :joy:

This is the kind of stuff I mostly do now:

This was me back in the 90’s

11 Likes

nice and dreamy

2 Likes

only just noticed this now. very interested to see how it’s implemented :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pretty Excited about this. TB-303 was my first synth. Picked it up for new for $150 back in the 90s. Always regretted I sold it many years ago.

5 Likes

:bulb: so, after buying TD-3 i can reflash my Electribe 2 from synth to sampler firmware and use it exclusively as drum machine! :thup:

1 Like

^ Personally I’d keep it as the synth, I had the sampler one but it was nowhere near as good as the synth version, but YMMV.