Behringer TD-3 MO (Modded Out)

Thanks for clearing that up, you can never be too sure when the masks are off.

8 Likes

You sequence the notes with an external pulse signal, same way as on the sh101. Thats the beauty of it. You cant do this with a software clone. Just use a single cycle pulse wave on your digitakt or something and play the digitakt sequencer live synced to another clock or however you have set it up

1 Like

I didn’t care for behringer stuff for a long time, but damn. I will get this thing for sure. I really like the sound i hear in the demos, to my ears and taste it sounds pretty nice and i always wanted a 303devilfish, I just couldn’t afford a real one.

Does anyone know about the release date?

1 Like

I have no official source, but another forum says 3 months.

I doubt even B has their supply chain predictable that far out.

I’ve noticed when watching DJ sets on youtube that the low end is lacking. Like I can put the same track on my end and it sounds beasty in comparison.

I really want to run my tt303 thru the td303 cc filter. I have this dope ass sequencer and I love cutoff modulation.

1 Like

Yes, clean liquidish acid is also my favourite.
I wonder if anyone of the experts here knows a track in this style where a guy says:
„As we continue to seek peace and tranquility (…) the only suggestion that i can state is…“ followed by a nice not screamy acidline. I had it on a compilation cd i think.
Brought tears to my eyes everytime because it sounded great and had this philosophical depth. Thought its from Adonis (maybe not) but can‘t find it on yt or discogs… thanks all elektronauts.

Armando - World Unknown

REMOVECAPShttps://mixcloud.com/djace_camdenmarket/dj-ace-classix-from-88s/

4 Likes

Now this takes me back! I really miss the old Camden Market vibe - people selling dodgy mix tapes, cyberpunk fashion, etc. Lots of music like this blaring out of a cheap boombox in certain quarters.

1 Like

IMHO the best acid was from that era, Adonis, Armando, Tyree, Fast Eddie, the list goes on.

7 Likes

Thanks could be soundwise, very close. Very nice.
It just included that for me nice philosophical sentence: „ as we continue to seek peace and tranqility (in this world?) the only suggestion that i can state is…“ and then the nice acidline. The rest i don‘t remember.
Thanks also for the a4 drumpack
Btw my top favourite djax up acid(trance) track is purple plejade blanche. A somehow unusual heckmann track.

1 Like

Yeah those words are from that track originally, maybe someone sampled it and used it on another track?

I think there were a few mixes of it too, so if it isn’t the one in that mix I linked to maybe have a look on discogs or youtube etc.

1 Like

Ah thanks a lot mr expert! Will search tomorrow.
Edit, copy pasted to the mixcloud link now, very interesting, the vocal version. The rest of the words weren‘t on my cd. Confusing, added to something similar probably as you said. Great mix anyway thanks. In 88 i was on my rollerskates with a sony walkman and had similar tapes somtimes i think and loved s-express on mtv…

i played 2 OG devilfish side by side. all the same mods etc. got to sit w/them basically all day for a few days one week at work in like 2015? or so. they sounded different. both were awesome.

no idea how the behringer compares but for $100 or whatever it is i’m sure it’s worth the price. i think the filter is totally different though isn’t it? not an 18db filter?
yeah… per their site:

The very heart of TD-3-SR’s sound is its versatile 24 dB/octave filter,

i’m sure that’s been dissed and cussed all over the forums already so who cares. it is what it is.

7 Likes

well…

1. there’s a theory that OG TB-303 actually has 24dB filter.
    GS thread about that, with further links:
    TB-303 Filter - Gearspace.com

2. MAM MB-33 Retro, a 303 clone that i use, definitely has 24 dB filter.
    i love the sound. it’s agressive AF

3. EDIT: even Roland themselves talk about „24 dB low-pass filter (often misquoted as 18 dB, 3-pole)“ in this article on their own blog:
    TB-303 Acid Flashback - Roland U.S. Blog

7 Likes

Yeah it is deffo 4 pole 24db, although it is often said it behaves more like a 18db/3 pole filter, it uses a transistor ladder but in a way more like a diode ladder due to the way the transistors are used. It actually is quite close in some aspects to a moog and a EMS filter but different in other ways.

Personally I love the fact it does not self oscillate, don’t like the sound of the resonance boost mod, just sounds screechy and unpleasant, to me.

3 Likes

Maybe they will mod out there copy of the Tr606 next?
Think I can remember a few mods for it when I had one years ago 808 type decay? Sure there where more mods for it?

1 Like

analogue solutions made mods and an external box that connected w/a ribbon cable. i had one long ago. the snare, hats and cymbals had very flexible controls. the cymbals and hats always sounded amazing. the cymbals had a ability to have a really long decay that was fantastic. the toms were great too w/the mods.

i have a track that’s almost all 606 w/mods + fx but it’s not on line anywhere… should dig it out.

2 Likes

Maffez on gearspace seems to be ‘mod king’ atm … there are threads over there and he’s got a website (use google )

He’s just posted some rd9 mods

1 Like