Behringer TD-3 MO (Modded Out)

I think that can be said about the clones or 303-inspired boxes too. Over the years I had many (FR-777, FR Revolution, x0x, TB-3, TB-03, TT303, TD3, Phoscyon, ABL, Rebirth) and they all sounded different. Sometimes it was subtle, sometimes it was not so subtle (looking at you TB-3 :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Any idea if the sub osc bypasses the filter? I don’t even go for the squelching/chirping stuff very often, but I do like some of the mid-res character and would love it if even minor amounts of resonance didn’t kill the bass

for those who want self-oscillating filter, there’s MS-20.

1 Like

I just want some of that AFX aciiid.

For sure am interested in the mod. Excited.

I busted the OG silver TD-3 out while I wait…

The TD3 and TR8s

5 Likes

Another Honeysmack jam :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

For some weird reason I still have my TB-3. Even though 80% of the presets on the TB-3 are not my cup of tea: I usually stick to A02 (clean square, env. mod on knob) and C18 (sine wave plus interesting weirdness).
I like the selective randomization that affects slides&accents only. TB-3 is the one I can take to a gig and have fun with without worrying too much about it getting trashed.

1 Like

I’d still have mine if it had not bricked while using the sysex editor.

2 Likes

16-step sequencer with 250 memory locations for patterns

Maybe the wrong place to ask this, but I keep seeing 250 patterns in the pressers. Is that something new for the MO? I see the standard 4 Pattern Groups with 8 patterns x2(A/B). Isn’t that 64 patterns, or is there something I’m not getting?

I had the same question and saw that it is also listed in the feature list of the regular TD-3… Not sure how they come to that number?

I thought 250 patterns was just the max number of chainable patterns in the song mode ? (just a guess, I never use song mode anyway)

1 Like

I figure it’s either that, or 250 is the number you can save in the synth tool? I can’t make the math work either way.

I don’t think I’ve ever used track mode either.

Last time I used it, the synth tool was tied to patterns available on the machine (you could only save to/from the 64 patterns)

1 Like

There goes that theory. I think I’ve only opened the synth tool to update firmwares and set midi-channels, so not very familiar with it.

Maybe it’s time to forget that I ever saw 250 patterns, which is probably smart considering that I can barely keep track of the 32 I’ve programmed (I wish the TD3 could accept PC’s from the DT!)

1 Like

It could very well be wrong communication from Behringer. They also annouced there was an arpegiator:

Both the sequencer and arpeggiator in the TD-3-SR are fun, mesmerizing and totally addictive…

But to this day I still haven’t found it. I don’t think it exists.

1 Like

You are the arpeggiator.

5 Likes

Well, with a very special groove then.

3 Likes

I think it is 250 tracks. They got confused between track and patterns so it seems, as they are talking about 4 groups:

Also, is this why the pattern A/B buttons are labeled 100/200?

2 Likes

Dude, this is debatable I’m sure but Thomas Jenkinson has the best acid programming skills around. No one, even Afx, can hold a candle to that. :slight_smile:
So having said that, I just want to acid drum and bass lol

4 Likes

seriously, they could at least give us a compartment for batteries, LoL, they ain’t using it for nothing else…