Best distortion pedals for synthesizers

Eventide’s MixingLink pedal is made for this. Takes any kind of input-guitar, line, mic-and routes it through a pedal FX loop.

1 Like

Very unlikely, worst case scenario is usually that it just sounds like shit.

1 Like

More basic question alert:

Is it better to go straight from synth to pedal and then mixer or to put the pedal on an fx send from the mixer?

how is the Erica Fusionbox on stereo polysynths?

thinking about getting it for the Waldorf M. its p much everything i wanted for the M’s output: analogue bbd delay for flange/chorus, analogue lpf, analogue saturation, mono to stereo in case i decide to use it on my mixer send/returns

considered the klark teknik dimension chorus rack, the waza chorus pedal from boss, the screen violence drive+verb from obne, the retro mechanical labs germanium & cmos or whatever thing they have (not sure if they make anything stereo in the 3-$500 range), but this seems to be the best and most affordable for the feature set/quality level

1 Like

Depends. If you put it on a send, remember to “kill dry’ on it if you can, or mute the source audio channel. Some effects will phase, otherwise. Which might be a cool effect in itself.

1 Like

I reviewed a lot of animal factory stuff here:

3 Likes

There are so many good distortion pedals for synths. I recently got a source audio ultra wave and while I’m mostly using it for bass it’s really great with synths too. The old dod death metal is truly insane. Obviously the big muff is a classic as is the rat. The dod grunge isn’t bad. The old maestro mfz1 is wonderful though not really crazy, a bit more refined.
I often like to use something like the ehx tri parallel mixer pedal to run two or three distortions in parallel. You can get some interesting sounds this way that are distinctly different than what you get from stacking.

2 Likes