Black Friday 2016

you have to upgrade your old licences, when you do that the price comes down

I never knew what Black Friday was, but because we (Australia) kiss your (America)ass, we have now adopted it.
Next we’ll be having thanks giving too.

4 Likes

You don’t already have a holiday that whitewashes genocide? Well, if you dont, it’s always there for you to adopt, too.

2 Likes

We do, it’s called Australia day. It marks the day we invaded and slaughtered the Aborigines. True story.

1 Like

Yeah I had heard something or other about that. :wink:

Speak for yourself mate.
No kissin smelly arse yanks assholes here mate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve purposefully been trying to avoid looking at that page!

It is on sale Adam, just not for Black Friday, specifically. It’s currently £14.99 (33% off full price) which is a launch price and that price is good till 5th Jan.

1 Like

Grrrr. Wishing someone with X% discounts in the US had OctaTracks in stock!

Now I keep running through this loop:

1. Maybe a Keystep. Or that A-01K at ProAudioStar
  2. That’s boring. I want a new soundmaker. Ooo, Electribe 2’s around $330 which is near that RM1X listing I’ve been wanting but … no, getting another groovebox probably isn’t what I really need.
  3. Blofelds at Perfect Circuit new for $400. I’ve been wishy-washy on that thing for a while but that’s a good price.
  4. But I want a general-purpose poly with lots of knobs. Roland System 1M! Grr, no one has it on sale.
  5. But I don’t really want a System 1M. I want an Analog 4. (Perfect Circuit has a it discounted to $1099 and man… that’s damn tempting).
  6. But I really want an OctaTrack more than an A4 right now but no one has it in stock at a discount and I can’t really afford that much right now anyways…

And then back to 1. :slight_smile:

I’ve seriously gone through this loop at least once an hour since this morning…

Hopefully reason will prevail and I just take it as an opportunity to save a little bit on some much needed studio mixer/midi utilities that I’ve been putting off. Or y’all will see me asking stupid questions in the A4 forum in a couple of days…

If anyone wants something from a dealer that isn’t on sale, I would suggest calling or chatting with their customer service. Many manufacturers won’t allow coupons or discounts, but the dealer will do something over the phone. I used to work here:

http://www.interstatemusic.com/

They have 20% $249 or more, but like I said many manufacturers are exempt from coupons. Call in to their call center and I guarantee you’ll get at least 10%-15% off. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Present Black Friday is very disappointing IMO.
Unless you’re into virtual synths (eeeek).

Black Friday is a marketing thing, don’t let yourself be fooled with false good deals.

I got myself a no-coast full price. Like this BF thing didn’t exist :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m sooooo jealous! Got the GAS for the 0-coast somethin fierce!

1 Like

Hehe. Yeah !

I try to forget the waiting by rediscovering my other synths, going deeper now that I have a better understanding of what I’m doing. Spent a lot of time on the Blofeld lately. So many hidden things in it. So many sounds !!

2 Likes

I hear ya! I shouldn’t be GAS’ing for anything as I just got a RYTM a month ago. But you know it is :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Stop teasing me! I’m really wanting something in this $400-$500 range and it’s kindof down to the Blofeld and 0-Coast to supplement MD/MM/OP-1/Circuit. But not both. It’ll probably be 0-Coast ultimately…

I’m in a weird place right now, finishing up an album and feeling burnt out on synths but also feeling itchy to get something new. But the burnout is winning. Which is probably a good thing to save money on this pointless day.

But ooo, a $400 new Blofeld… Gah! Always stuck in a loop, I am!

Bro just buy a gently used octa in the used section and get the blofield today. Kidding

Black Friday just shows me how large the margins on software is…!!!

5 Likes

Get your frikkin Octatrack mate. You’ll be done with GAS for quite some good time amount, I mean like 3-4 months!! When you’ll be used to the OT, you’ll want moar sound sources to feed it ah ah!

don’t get stuck in the Black Friday addiction, you’ll end up with gear you don’t really need and don’t really want…

I may have dozen of VST goodies I bought with big promotions in the past, and quite never used it, besides Reaktor.

THE ONLY USEFUL THING TO BUY THESE PROMO-DAYS IF YOU REALLY HAVE TO, IS NATIVE INSTRUMENTS REAKTOR 6 FOR 99€, THAT’S IT!

Otherwise, save your money for real gear that really fits your needs :smiley:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t buy an Octatrack now. Think you may regret it soon.
Sampler seems like it’s coming back in fashion.
Wait a little for a better alternative

1 Like

Anyone had experience with buying at JRR. very tempted by the Machinedrum but somewhat confused by their pricing. Why offer it on it’s own for $599 but still have bundled versions with a Volca for $1499. Did some research on Gear Sluts and reviews are varied with after care being their downfall. Appreciate any views before I hit buy now…