Black Friday purchases

So what cool new gear did you get for Black Friday and Cyber Monday? I picked up a lot but loving my new clep diaz for smaller 6u modular rig:

2 Likes

Nice. Clep Diaz is on my wish list but Iā€™m suffering from the very first-world problem of having run out of space in my rack. I did jump on an Erica Synths Zen Delay B-Stock offer though. Currently winging its way from Latvia. I suspect itā€™ll feature in all my jams for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Got a really good price (like 30% cheaper) on a Hydrasynth Keys, which was the one synth I said to myself beforehand ā€œif I see a crazy price on it, I might not be able to resistā€ā€¦ and I couldnā€™t resist, ha! Was meant to take 6 weeks before it was in stock but I just got a delivery notification today so thatā€™s exciting!

Have been reading up and watching videos and I am pretty excited to explore its depths now :ok_hand:

A pair of PSI a17m on Thomann.
Lovely dealā€¦ 0 % discount! :frowning:

1 Like

The only thing I bought was a Launchpad Xā€¦ still on the fence with Ableton (Iā€™m new to it). Great in some ways, less so in others (two full crashes in the first three days, Overbridge dropping & losing sync, etc). The input lag is pretty annoying. Not sure if thatā€™s my fault. Probably. But that feeling of constantly having to troubleshoot and fix things - which drove me away from the DAW in the first place - is back in a big way. Sigh.

2 Likes
  • upgrade to Ableton Live 11
  • Expert Sleepers ES-9 (no deals on that though)
  • Will get a Bitwig licence soonish, offer ends January 10, 2021.

Major edit before I sound spoiled :wink:
Did sell neglected gear (over 1000EUR) on Reverb though! So itā€™s a break even in spending.

completed my must have monophonic/paraphonic synth list.
decent prices, especially for Rocket.

bf

3 Likes

Just a few glow in the dark encoder knobs from djtechtools. Their sale made them an impulse buy and Iā€™m a sucker for that cheesy gitd color.

Blackhole reverb :slight_smile:
And a 32gb CF card for OT :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t buy anything :upside_down_face:

23 Likes

I went full-on consumer this time. First piece to arrive was a pack of mandolin picks for the Eastwood MRG Mandolin I have on order.

2nd piece to arrive was the Moog Matriarch. Iā€™m still getting to know the Pro-1 so the Matriarch will sit in its box probably until the weekend.

Have something scheduled to arrive today but not sure which thing it is exactly.

4 Likes

Not a purchase per se, but as an owner of a Jupiter XM I got treated to a full year of Roland Cloud Pro.

2 Likes

In my mind i bought a Wavestate for Ā£499.

In reality i did not.

8 Likes

I bought lots of plugins , mostly iOS , shaperbox 2 ā€¦ ableton 10 upgrade.

I didnā€™t buy any hardware :slight_smile:
I didnā€™t buy a Mac m1 of any type. Yet.

2 Likes

Sweet! Congrats.

1 Like

A 1TB SSD for my ailing 2011 MacBook Pro.

Ā£80 from Crucial Technologies.

Should squeeze another few years out of the old boy.

Mac lives matterā€¦

3 Likes

Kept it cheap. Purchased Kush Audio Omega 458a plugin. $19 , so Iā€™m not broke af.

4 Likes

exact same thing, didnt buy anything.

I feel pretty good about it.

Bring it on 2021 :space_invader:

6 Likes

Got some monitors, a TD-3, and a TR8s. Software-wise I got the cherry audio 106 which sounds amazing and the samples from mars pack.

Intention with the hardware is to set up a little music area for my kid and I to jam together. Heā€™s 6 and is super interested, but Iā€™ve been headphones only up to this point which is pretty solitary.

I was trying to not spend too much, as I also recently bought an Analog Four. Ended up getting a Pico System III, 50% off was just too good to pass up. Going to see if this ā€˜modularā€™ thing is up my alley.

Also got some VSTs and the complete samples from mars collection.

2 Likes