Black Friday purchases

Preach!
I’m doing buy no synth gear for a year. Nearly there.
Might do it again next year.
Its been very productive!

5 Likes

Exactly, in many respects, getting new gear gets in the way of actually making music. Whenever I get something new, I spend 2-3 months giving myself a hall pass to not make music but just experiment and learn. Both of these things (pathways, shall we say) have their upsides and downsides, tho, ofc!

6 Likes

Nice one! Where did you get the 50%?

I’m about to do the same. Just need a couple of things before I start :laughing:

2 Likes

Keep an eye out on Erica Synths B-Stock section:

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/b-stock/

Looks like stocks have dwindled significantly since they launched it last week. There were several pages of stuff.

2 Likes

I know, I went through on launchday. Am on the Erica mailing list. Missed that one, maybe a sign zzz … :wink:

1 Like

Haha, I’ll join that club :rofl:

1 Like

I bought this
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/4-Synth/1158-VirtualCZ
Cuz I had a cz101 years ago that i bought and sold for 20 bucks…And I loved the sound of it, but it was just kinda difficult to edit. Infact I had no idea what the hell I was doing. But, this one is layed out so simply. I can now almost understand phase distortion. I always thought the filters on the CZ sounded wicked, until i found out…well, there aren’t any… Oh, and it sounds amazing.

My JBL monitors were simply too big for my small room setup. So I found the IK Multimedia iLoud Micro monitors on sale for $199. Too good to pass up :+1:

4 Likes

Same here. Didnt buy anything, as I’m waiting to see what new gear is unveiled during digital Namm next month. Hoping Elektron shows the new octatrack or whatever flagship sampler will replace it, if any. Also, hoping Push 3 is revealed to release along with Live 11 (highly likely since Push 2 is now 5 years old at this point).

4 Likes

Didn’t buy anything but I’ve got that free Roland subscription offer. Looking forward to the 303!

I will also apply this. I’m 3 weeks sober from no gear purchases :slight_smile: I got guitars, pedals, a Digitakt and Ableton, more than enough to keep me busy for the next 5 years.

I was eyeing the Octatrack, might give in sometime in the future and get one if Elektron drops some update on it, but otherwise I’m all set.

4 Likes

Fabfilter update to Q3
Sononym sample manager
Samples from Mars

a quiet member of that club …since I over bought relative to my slow level learning, and 2021 could be one of selling A4 if I don’t use it.

Yes, that’s the way it goes. I don’t mind having “evaluating gear while making sounds” as a hobby.

2 Likes

I’m really happy with mine. They go ridiculously low for such tiny speakers.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve been planning to get a Matriarch for a while - just waiting for some kind of discount to emerge.

1 Like

Well, during moogfest back in april/may the matriarch in the U.S was $1699 everywhere for about a month, so maybe they will be that price again for moogfest 2021.

Upgraded to Studio One 5 Professional.

1 Like

Highly recommend getting CV OCD for midi sequencing to go with the pico system or a slightly deeper CV sequencer. Even at full price pico system 3 is a heck of a deal!

1 Like