Black Friday purchases

Heh, same setup I’m looking at.

1 Like

I’ve never gotten on with turbos / indoor bike trainers, it never feels much like riding a bike and I always found it to get a bit tedious after a while. Mudguards, lights and appropriate clothing and tyres does the job for me, I prefer being outside even if the weather is a bit grim.

Having said that, when I did use a turbo my fitness improved quite a bit due to the very controlled intervals. Plus I have friends in places like Boston and the temps there in winter are pretty prohibitive. Wouldn’t blame anyone for not riding in -15°C…

2 Likes

I miss biking to work. Nice way to warm up for the work day.

My newest piece of fitness equipment is the Isochain:
https://www.dragondoor.com/isch001/

I have a recurring shoulder issue that keeps interrupting my progress in strength training, so I decided to try isometrics. It would have been cheaper to use a home-made device like Bruce Lee and other old-school trainees but I was intrigued by the high-tech handle with embedded force reader.

I also got the Isometrics Manual which was also on BF sale. Very detailed and packed with useful info. Very low on hype/hyperbole.

2 Likes

living in weird places like Ukraine has its advantages.
for instance, every purchase from abroad makes one happy three times:
1st — when ordering things
2nd — when customs clearance is complete
3rd — when the parcel is delivered without major f-ups.
just completed the 2nd level. wish me luck with the 3rd :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

at least Ukraine is close to Latvia so Erica Synths is not far and I really like their modular gear.