Black Friday purchases

Ah okay great! The way you were talking about it, made it sound like you were looking to buy one lol.

No, I was explaining my decision to buy now instead of waiting another several months.

I hope I donā€™t add more confusion here, but since you said you bought one too, my friend who also has a Matriarch recommended this software:

This is the friend who convinced me to buy a Matriarch instead of the Korg ARP 2600, in his own roundabout way.

1 Like

Yes this software will be invaluable. I know the global settings are a pain to manage, with all of Moogā€™s cryptic key presses to access different parameters. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh yeah A4 is enough for sure!

1 Like

I bought a squier classic vibe telecaster. And Iā€™m in love with it. Also bought a boss katana mini, which is pretty great for practicing.

2 Likes

Just snagged Pigments finally, and when I logged into my account while checking out I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I could do a discounted crossgrade from Rev Plate-140, which I got for free during the promo they did last holiday season.

$69 for this beast of a synth, not bad!

1 Like

OTO BOUM
Weird thing is, it cost more than last years full price.

Got some courses from GospelMusicians Black Friday sale.

First one I started on is Fundamentals of Neo-Soul. First lesson is Neo-Soul is all minor 9th chord. Ok. 2nd lesson is learn minor 9th chords in all keys. This is where the influence of sampling comes back around to live musicianship. Apparently somebody got the idea to sample a minor 9th chord on a Korg M1 or something like that, to make it easy to play the chord with just one finger. So people started making music with all minor 9th chords. There are some cool technical details in the lesson though about how to play the chord rootless so you leave room for the bass player, and the idea of adding a triad on top of the rootless voicing for some cool 7-note chords.

1 Like

Last week I picked up a Modal Skulpt.

Price was right, sounds good, but not being able to set levels per patch was a deal killer for me. Itā€™s going back to the store.

But like an advent calendar, one door closes and another opens. Stumbled across the MicroMonsta 2 just as a new batch was going live on the audiothingies site. Got in on this batch, not really a Black Friday deal, but I think for the less than $300US price, it might as well be. Seems like a little beast. Iā€™ll find out for myself tomorrow when it shows up at my door.

1 Like

Picked up the VST versions of Surreal Machines Modnetic & Diffuse for $20 total.

Got the Brainworx Master Desk for $29.

Byome for $29.

Tempted to buy more plugins, but held it there this year. Ableton 11 will bring a lot of new goodies too.

1 Like

I also have one of these on the way!

I got a new vacuum

7 Likes

For Black Friday, my Hertz Donut and Stillson Hammer are super fun! Such brutal sounds from modular setup now:

Sunburst MRG Mandolin arrived

I downtuned it quite a bit to remove the pickup sticker. When I tuned it back up, one of the E strings broke. I then focused more on tuning up the lower strings as the neck settled into indoor temperature. After they started to stabilize, I carefully tuned up my remaining E string. Hoping it will hold up until I get a replacement. Overall the MRG sounds pretty nice, other than the dropoff in volume on higher notes due to the missing 2nd E string.

The Dunlop Primetone mandolin picks are the first mandolin-specific picks I ever bought. Nice comfy grip.

4 Likes

Wasnā€™t going to buy anything this year ā€˜cause I spend an arm and a leg on a smart indoor cycling setup in November (a letā€™s-keep-moving-through-winter Corona measure).

Ended up getting some software last week and this week though:

• Upgraded to Studio One 5 Professional
  • Bought FXpansion Cypher 2 off Roliā€™s website (they have a deal for Seaboard owners going, 49ā‚¬ was too good to ignore)
  • Upgraded Pianoteq Standard to v7 for 25ā‚¬
  • Upgraded to Melodyne 5 Editor

And thatā€™s that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice one! I am looking into a home treadmill for a few winters now but cannot decide, there is always something about themā€¦

1 Like

I upgraded Studio One too good decision i think. Havent even used it yet though!

1 Like

Yeah I went with a Tacx Neo 2T + Zwift (and Rouvy)ā€¦such a good setup, so much fun man. You know DCRainmaker and his website? Should find everything you need to know about smart treadmills out there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know, I decided this morning to dive into it and Iā€™m very much enjoying it. Coming from 15 years of Ableton I constantly have to remind myself that Studio One has its own logic / way of doing things, but as I get better with that it really is opening up nicely. And ver 5 has some great features worth the upgrade, MPE, the Perform page etc etc

1 Like