Bought a Nintendo Switch

Pikmin 4, the age of detective games has blossomed on the switch, Game Boy Online, Metronid Prime Remastered(just the one game), and more Zelda non-news except for pre-orders.

Pretty good direct, imo!

1 Like

Direct was amazing. So many good surprises! I am most excited for Metroid prime, the gba (wario land 3, golden sun, minish cap), Baten Kaitos remasters, Blanc, and of course Zelda and Pikmin.

3 Likes

Agreed, lots of cool stuff in this direct. Metroid Prime remaster, Game Boy and GBA games should keep me busy until BOTW 2’s release!

3 Likes

The Direct was so good I was concerned it was too good for any news on Zelda. Fortunately I was wrong and now I’m going to have nightmares. Love me a dark Zelda. ReDeads!

3 Likes

Since i got my Steam Deck my Switch hardly sees any usage. I would hope nintendo creates a good docking station which shares games with the switch, and has build in media player function. The charm is the long lasting battery life, if they keep the switch as it is, and have a standalone dock, that would be awesome. In my opinion the wii u was a cool console.

Same! I was feeling a bit pessimistic about the switch library recently. This direct single-handedly renewed my interest in the console.

3 Likes

Massive instabuy for the Metroid Prime Remaster. And apparently ‘remaster’ undersells it, it’s more of a full-on remake. Apparently it’s exceptional. Glad to hear it, as the original is one of the best games of all time. I’ve brought my Switch into work, so I’ll be able to report back later!

6 Likes

Idk Metroid very well: That’s the Metroid everyone raves about, right? It looked interesting in the Direct…

1 Like

Just my take:

Nintendo sales projections are slowing down which is about as close to them acknowledging they’re entering the late life cycle as you can get. But, I can’t see them releasing a true sequel within 24 months. They might announce something this year but the actual release is going to be into 2025+ IMO.

For the asking price via these deals, feels like a pretty safe purchase that’ll give loads of fun for quite a while yet.

1 Like

Decapolice somehow reminds me of SD Snatcher on the MSX2+. Besides the obvious (Zelda, Advance Wars & Pikmin), that’s the one I’m going for. Thirsting for some futuristic scifi cop-action.

1 Like

Howdy.
I’ve got a chronic pain and fatigue condition that has me spending too much time on my phone?
Can anyone recommend me a game that I could pick up every few days when I need to zone out and have some fun?

I played nier automata which I enjoyed although found repetitive and a bit dry. I attempted to play Skyrim but with limited playtime found the storyline confusing.

So the recently released Metroid Dread was essentially a 2D game, like the classic Super Metroid on the SNES. After the Nintendo Gamecube console came out back in the early 2000s, though, a new 3D Metroid game was developed by the then-unknown Retro Studios alongside Nintendo. This was Metroid Prime - often cited as the best Gamecube game (though Resident Evil 4 was also a good shout for that), and arguably one of the best games of all time.

It was a perfect combination of (for the time) incredible graphics, gameplay, music and atmosphere. It took the familiar 2D Metroid template, moved it into 3D and enhanced it, making you feel like you really were inside Samus’s head, controlling her. One of the reasons it’s so great is that it has so many little graphical details that makes your visor and heads-up display feel like so much more than a standard FPS view. Indeed, it’s not an FPS really, it’s more of the little seen FPA genre - First Person Adventure! There is lots of shooting, but also platforming, scanning and a lot of exploration. Tallon IV, the planet you end up on, really feels like a proper world.

If you’ve never played it you’re in for a real treat, particularly with this modernised version.

5 Likes

Decadetective, Ghost Trick, Rain Code, and professor Layton are going to be games i grab immediately

2 Likes

Nice, we‘re getting a Zelda gmod :crazy_face:
Not sure how excited I am about what‘s shown in the new trailer, everything‘s a bit all over the place.

I’m excited because I’m a shameless Zelda fanboy, but I would be lying if I said the trailers have been exciting.

4 Likes

Haha well at least they‘re sticking to the May release.

3 Likes

It’s the weekend right before my birthday, it’ll be a nice gift to myself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Reasons I’m excited other than being an unabashed fanboy

• Entirely different tone
  • As opposed to being steely cool, Ganondorf comes off as completely unhinged
  • (maybe) Modular vehicles thrown into already fabulous physics
  • Signs of cave system
  • Signs of large-scale puzzles
  • Sky diving
  • Some great looking characters: three headed dragon, ReDeeeaads
  • There’s at least a new Zonai canon…what other new Zonai tools?
  • Great art direction: that shot of the towers and the malice spewing from G were delicious
  • They’ve been so cagey: either it’s just a big DLC or they’re proud af. I’m banking on the latter.
4 Likes

Thanks for the great write up. I won’t be playing it soon (too busy up to TotK) but I look forward to when I can.

2 Likes

Im not sure if it’s been mentioned, but if anyone hasn’t played Return of the Obra Dinn, then they absolutely need to.

Absolutely phenomenal experience.

The only problem is that the aspect of Lucas Pope that brought him to create the game is the aspect that will ensure that the game will not be replicated.

Not to mention, but the companies that try to score some money by cloning game styles probably wouldn’t put in the effort to make a decent puzzle game of this scale :disappointed_relieved:

…I want more games like this…:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes