Bought a Nintendo Switch

Don-t worry, Nintendo is pretty greedy they will make more. The only thing that will be scarce the coming times will be the Final Fantasy 1-6 Collection which is made to be for scalped and put on ebay for a few hundred bucks.
No prob got them all as good roms on the Steam Deck.

Snatched a copy of Metroid Prime as well. It´s no problem in Europe, they even got discounted right after release.
Advanced Wars and Zelda will be preproduced like hell, believe me.

1 Like

And just like that, it’s here! Let’s see how buggy this game really is.

1 Like

Mario (MAR10) Day deals

2 Likes

Korg Gadget 50% off. Haven’t messed with it for years on IOS but it looks like a different experience on the Switch with the Switch’s physical controllers.

Nintendo also sells optional gadgets Ebina and Otorii for about $10 each - these are not discounted as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

There’s quite limited file export on the Switch, though?

The MIDI to Dropbox export is a godsend on the Ipad - sketch on the bus/train, export, open in Ableton in the studio/at home and go nuts.

When I bought Korg Gadget I thought I’d just sample the audio output if I created anything remotely interesting on the Switch. I didn’t think much about file sharing.

That said, iGadget projects on Switch can allegedly be shared to Gadget on IOS.
https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/360012615292-Sending-song-data-to-KORG-Gadget-for-iOS-using-a-QR-code-

2 Likes

Nintendo are due to show 10 mins of new Zelda in under an hour on YouTube

2 Likes

i’m playing earthbound on that super nintendo online thing right now!

4 Likes

I just watched it. I gotta hand it to them, they came up with a truly Nintendo way of implementing a crafting system :grinning:

Weapon durability returns … :nej:

not so excited anymore.

5 Likes

Same. My least favorite mechanic in anything, especially as fast as they break in BotW. I was also underwhelmed with the new mechanics - I’ve never been an experimental sandbox person. I just want to know if there are dungeons or shrines, and a hint at if the overworld has actually changed (aside from caves/ sky islands, which are cool).

1 Like

I hate the shrines. I wish they would ditch them and give us some real dungeon levels.

3 Likes

I grew to appreciate them. The longer ones were pretty enjoyable to me. The really short, simple ones were annoying, and they were a lot of those. And the combat shrines. There was no reason for like 1/3 of them to be the same fights repeatedly.

3 Likes

Yeah. I echo that sentiment. Granted, they had to implement this for people that loved those mechanics in BotW, but hopefully there will still be proper dungeons.

Edit: I think the mechanics could be implemented for solving cool puzzles?

LttP and LBW share a very similar map, yet are both amazing games in their own right. In the beginning, he talked about a “vast world” to explore and that they didn’t have enough time to talk about “all the new changes.”

The question is: has Nintendo become the kind of developer that would release what is essentially a DLC as an entirely new game at a price increase? Honestly, I don’t see it.

All I could think about watching Ascend was the amount of ways they would make that work with an underground and proper dungeons.

I like breaking weapons; keeps the game and fighting interesting, never relying on one thing.

1 Like

Only watched a few minutes in… I’m interested in Tears of the Kingdom but I didn’t finish Breath of the Wild. Definitely some fatigue, but it was good game. This should be fun too.

1 Like

The robot enemies in the new video look too goofy for my taste. Reminds me of some Rayman characters.
And sticking a big rock on a skinny stick? Come on! That just looks stupid. :slightly_smiling_face:
Not to speak about the mushroom on a shield. :joy:

I’m hating but i know i’ll still have a lot of fun playing it.

1 Like

Oh yeah. To be fair, I will absolutely love watching people use these in unintended ridiculous ways. Watching breath of the wild speedruns is an absolute blast, and I expect this will be the same.

1 Like

This is why I continually replay Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker. (and occasionally Link Between Worlds, Link’s Awakening, with a light sprinkling of Majora’s Mask and Link to the Past)

I love wandering and doing my own thing in Breath of the Wild, but I play it more like a walk-about simulator than a Zelda game. Which is valuable in itself, but I much prefer the others. Sure, they’re formulaic, but it was a formula that worked. Nintendo games are IMO like the pinnacle of video game comfort food. You play them BECAUSE of their formulas. Nobody does them like they do. (or don’t now…)

3 Likes

There are those of us who want Rivers of Blood, and there those of us who want to see what happens. :slight_smile:

1 Like