Bought a Nintendo Switch

Yeah i know. I would like Link to be able to use a mushroom as a hat for example. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The weapon breakage appealed to me as keeps you from button bashing the with the same whatever the whole way through - which is what I would do otherwise! Seems like it won’t be as big an issue now you can make Frankenstein weaponry :joy:
Also expect proper dungeons this time, definitely what it seems like the likely underground areas would be laid out as anyway

1 Like

Agreed! You generally know what you’re getting, and that specific thing is going to be polished as well as it possibly could. It may or may not be revolutionary, but it’s damn well going to be amazing for what it is.

1 Like

TOTK weapon fusing looks bonkers and probably a QA nightmare. No wonder it took em that long :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s…a good point

1 Like

I have some Zelda to catch up with… I played the original Zelda, Phantom Hourglass, then finally on Switch, Link’s Awakening which I really enjoyed and of course Breath of the Wild, which is lots of wandering.

1 Like

It seemed well integrated with the bow and the vehicle building, but looks really goofy for the meelee weapons. :crazy_face:

Still kinda unsure about the whole thing that’s being shown in the trailers so far, but if it’s got the same chill atmosphere to wander around and do everything and nothing, I’m all for it!

4 Likes

I think they’ll have all bases covered. Previous trailers showed the flamethrower dragon and cannonball flinging attachments which’ll provide the cool factor next to all the goofy shit. I’m all for it. Let me shoot those meat arrows :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Just watched the video, some nice ideas there, a bit goofy but its hopefully still a kickass game.

I finished BOTW a while back and didnt play any switch at all for a few months. Ive just started BOTW again from fresh and its amazing even the second time round. I’ll probably get this new one.

1 Like

Just traded our aging Wii u in for an oled switch, quite frankly I’m blown away with it, obvs mario etc are Wii ports but it’s amazing to have it all in the palm of your hand, wherever and whenever, what’s the deal with the online plus expansion thing, are the retro games includes worth the upgrade? I had all the old school stuff emulated on the Wii u so I’m probs gonna miss that most…

I think the online with all the retro games is absolutely worth it. I honestly go back to a lot of those more than I play the modern games that I buy.

1 Like

Man I’d love to scoop a TotK OLED. That thing is clean.

I just want the OLED version, but the TotK looks nice

3 Likes

i have a feeling totk is going to be incredible. I actually think, once its out, it’ll make botw look stale and its systems seem clunky and old. i heard some of the same music in the trailer, which is a slight bummer, so I’m hoping there’s enough new musical material there to keep it fresh.

but, even though there’s a pre-existing map, I think it will all be wildly different. little surface features will be the same. it’ll be a similar topography but I expect almost everything to be different about it, which will make it fresh to explore. this wouldn’t be enough if it weren’t for the sky islands, but I’d hope or expect the overworld down below to wind up being a better version of the original botw hyrule

I’m not much of a crafty player either, but I think the way Nintendo has implemented it will make things easy and fun. the amount of puzzles you could get out of the 4 abilities they showed is everything really. definitely think there’s going to be dungeons. also think the story is going to be better than botw

can’t wait!

4 Likes

Great list

I’ve been enjoying Birdie Wing the anime, so I’m looking forward to this game.

Clip from the anime with that outrageous shot through the train

1 Like

40 hours in and having a blast. Best game purchase in decades.

1 Like

I’m just waiting for the rain world dlc to drop. My anticipation for that is even higher than for the new Zelda game.

Thanks for the encouragement. I loved the first one but read mixed opinions about the sequel, which now seem to be replaced with more enthusiastic comments. I see the base game is currently half off (in the US) so I think I know what I’ll be doing this evening.

1 Like

I’m in a bit of a quandary as to which 3d mario game to get, I’ve got Luigi’s mansion which I’m having fun with, what’s the general opinion here, mario 3d world or odyssey? I’m kinda veering towards odyssey because I’ve already got mario world deluxe so the platform side of things is pretty much covered…

1 Like