Bought a Nintendo Switch

Animal Crossing has been released at the best time possible, ever !

I’m gonna call it, the global pandemic as been created by nintendo so they could offer the best relaxing game to take our mind of it. :laughing:

In all seriousness though, it’s a much needed breath of fresh air, and I’m not sure that I would have enjoyed it as much without everything going on around the world !

4 Likes

The only downside is all regular nintendo switches are sold out and marked up by around 200$ by some scummy people out there so every time I see animal crossing in my social media feed I get a little depressed that I can’t play it.

I’m gonna get back into botw. gotta remember how to beat the big hairy f*kers n them metal lazer crabs. I remember them both bein a right bastard :sweat_smile:

anyone tried links awakening remake? it aint cheap so I’m somewhat tentative.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be good. The art style is nice, but it makes it difficult to spend 60 bucks on.

Also it looks identical to how the gameboy ones are laid out. I can’t in good judgement fork out that money

1 Like

yea i agree. fink I’ll wait a couple o years n pick it up when it’s more reasonable. we’ll still be in quarantine then so it’s grand :smile:

1 Like

Just bought Night in the Woods on sale.

I can’t recommend it.

3 Likes

playin Observer here. love the bladerunner vibe. the mechanics are a bit painful tho. pity.

1 Like

Damn, sorry ! I hope you find a switch sometime soon.

I love Bloober Teams games. They nail the environments every time.

Some things about Observer were frustrating tho

1 Like

How long did you play ?

You have to really play a few hours to realise how much it’s… bad :laughing:

Craig’s girlfriend here: I’m a huge Zelda fan, I just got the Nintendo switch online account (20€ a year) which gives you SNES and NES games including Link To The Past & Legend Of Zelda 1. I’ve been playing LTTP way more than I’ve been playing Link’s Awakening, it just hits better. Can’t recommend enough!

7 Likes

Link to the Past is one of my favorite non-sports video games ever. Certainly my favorite Zelda game. Definitely debating diving back in. I’m just not a very committed video game player so even buying the Switch wasn’t really worth it for me probably. The lure of Baldur’s Gate was strong, but the interface was just a pain in the butt compared to computer, so it didn’t last long. Haven’t touched the Switch since…so, 4-5 months collecting dust?

1 Like

yea link to the past is super sick :face_vomiting: :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I didn’t like Yoshi’s Island more. The art style is just delightful

1 Like

I got Link’s Awakening with the voucher program last summer, so got it for $50, and it’s good but by no means my favorite Zelda game. I was glad to get it for a small discount. I liked the art style a lot though.

2 Likes

Night in the Woods was likely the worst game I’ve ever played. I’m glad a lot of people apparently enjoy it but it was not for me.

1 Like

There’s SOMETHING sentimental to appreciate, nostalgia and returning home. But the game is pretty boring.

Sometimes I like non-gameplay games, but that one is pretty meh.

Yes, agreed. I enjoyed Oxenfree a lot more for that kind of game, and am looking forward to trying that dev’s new game Afterparty soon. What Remains of Edith Finch is another I’d put in that category.

1 Like

I got Animal Crossing and it has been a pretty nice way to relax with everything going on. Other than now I’ve barely touched my phone all weekend, and it has been nice being more concerned about what’s happening on my island.

My last console was the GameCube and I played the first Animal Crossing on that and was pretty bored with it after a week or two. That’s kind of what I like about the game now. It’s just a charming world to chill in. If anyone wants to trade fruit, give me a shout. I have apples :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, so far Oxenfree was better- but I still wasn’t a fan of it. I doubt I will hate Night in the Woods more than Firewatch, because the dramatic part of that game was completely negated, so the part I pushed for and was completely enthralled by was all for nothing.

Layers of Fear was my favorite of that style of game. There’s something I really like about Bloober Team, it’s always a nice trippy sight-seeing tour and suspenseful environment and just scary enough(I’m glad my propensity towards Bloober Teams horror didn’t compel me to buy Outlast- that looks absolutely miserable