Bought a Nintendo Switch

My Switch arrived today :slight_smile:
I’m a bit poor so will only be playing Mario Odyssey and cheap games for a while, but I think my girlfriend is gonna buy Animal Crossing at some point soon.

2 Likes

Mario Odyssey was fun!

Inside and Limbo are great!

If you like mystery puzzles, Return to Obra Dinn was phenomenal.

Also the Final Fantasy games are on sale, so that should eat some time

1 Like

A great site to organize your switch game collection and wishlist is:

It also makes it easy that you don’t miss out on the deals …

11 Likes

Just ordered a 200gb micro SD card to hold the digital games. My only gripe with the switch so far is changing the cartridges, so I’ll go all digital from now on. Also helps on reducing unnecessary plastics. Thanks for posting that deku deals link! The figures with the price changes in time for each game are very useful for wishlist titles.

1 Like

Should I just get FF VII now while it’s on sale? Remaster is never coming to Switch, right?

1 Like

Remaster is PS4 exclusive 1st year. Then hopefully to more systems. (afaik)

2 Likes

I’m thinking that it’ll be too CPU intense for Switch?

They pulled off DOOM 2016 so who knows. :smiley:

1 Like

True. Playing it now. Looks great.

I’m wait on FF VII then. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve got it. I’d happily have paid more! It’s one of my my all time favourite games so worth it to me for the modernised nostalgia alone.

2 Likes

Katana Zero, Akane, MK8, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim and Terraria are all games I’m playing atm. Thoroughly recommend Katana Zero!

2 Likes

LttP is like that work where this entirely new vision comes into focus - like Revolver or Sister - but it’s a bit opaque still, a bit everywhere, a bit messy. And OoT is a crystal clear, confident, consistent masterpiece, like Sgt. or Daydream.

I see BotW as part of the former. Big hopes the sequel is the latter.

I’m about halfway through DOOM 2016 btw and it is fantastic. MOMENTUM. No spoilers but some nice easter eggs for the nostalgic.

3 Likes

YES!

They just announced a bunch of ”serious” game series appearing on the Switch. Borderlands (which I loved to bits on PS3), X-Com 2, which is great cause I love the franchise and can’t be bothered to play it on my mac and Bioshock which I’ve never tried but I welcome it too with open arms.

There was also a couple of interesting Nintendo originals (like Good Job!) out today which I’m quite sure I’ll buy on payday.

1 Like

Catherine Full Body.
I. Can’t. Wait.

2 Likes

Bio shock! Alright!

1 Like

In case you didn’t already do it – get the bird! The flight ability makes climbing so much easier.

That’s the only one I have left :hear_no_evil: I have yet to unlock a good chunk of the map. I like to explore stuff thoroughly ahah

Yeah, was pretty much the same for me too. Had a look at a friends playthrough back then and was pretty shocked how little time he spent with climbing haha.

Although in hindsight I’m kinda glad I didn’t get the flight ability, it makes you skip a lot of the nicely crafted passages and somewhat breaks a bit of the immersion. Only in a subtle way though :raised_hand:

There’s a huge sale on the e-shop right now.
Got myself the crash bandicoot trilogy, axiom verge, ape out, the messenger, yoku’s island express, and gato roboto for less than 45€ total. This will surely keep me busy until the corona house arrest is over :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa crash bandicoot trilogy?! Uh ohhhh