Bought a Nintendo Switch

thanks for the heads up. hope you get sorted Craig.

1 Like

Thank you! Hope your case gets resolved.

2 Likes

This happened to me on playstation network

Was nightnare contacting them and verifying my account and had to wait ages to get my money back

Then they locked me out of my account twice and I couldn’t get back in.

I gave up and sold the ps4 pro and wont buy another Sony again. Total pain from the day I bought it

Funnily i was thinking of getting a switch next week and paying for the online subscription to get the snes games. May think twice now

I mean, go for it. It’s an amazing system, just don’t keep a payment method that can be automatically billed on your account. Pay one time only whenever you want the online subscription or to buy a game. Then you’re good!

5 Likes

Why nobody talks about Korg Gadget? It’s a fantastic groove box for Switch!

3 Likes

Just curious, do you have 2 factor authentication enabled? I set that up immediately on my account and haven’t had any issues the last two years. My girlfriend’s account was hacked within the first day until she set up 2FA and hasn’t had any problems since.

1 Like

Korg Gadget is very cool on the switch. The Sega-esque DLC synths are magnificent.

1 Like

Phoenix Wright Trilogy is an AMAZING investigative game. It gets pretty brutal in some of the investigation/court room segments- save often but very compelling all the way thru

1 Like

We have done now! Yes, everyone should do this. And unlink the payment method just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like

It should really be required by Nintendo given how unsecure their data seems to be. I hope it keeps you safe from future issues!

1 Like

An update! Nintendo refunded the money! They could clearly see that my girlfriend had never played Fortnite and escalated the case immediately. Also, the hackers are just stupid kids most likely. They tried to mask their IP using VPNs in Kazakhstan and Canada, but as soon as the credits hit their Switch it’s clear from the history log that they’re based in Russia. I hope Nintendo instantly bricks their Switch for breach of contract!

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, but just to be clear. If my switch asks me for my PayPal password whenever I want to buy something, I should be fine, right?

2 Likes

Yes at that point, you are the only user on the system. You can even view the log in history in your account settings on the website if you want to be doubly sure. These guys/kids, had got into my gf’s account to buy credits and, I assume, transfer them to their own Switch.

1 Like

…if it would just handle midi information I would be down with Gadget for the Switch

I just discovered that they made a remake of CTR…

Damn it’s so goooood!

1 Like

Manifold Garden is a great game. Feels like a light version Antichamber

1 Like

Supergiant’s Hades announced.

:drooling_face:

Thanks for the recommendation! I loved Antichamber, gonna put manifold gardens on my wishlist.
Luigis mansion 3 is currently on sale. Thinking about getting it to play with my girlfriend in coop.

1 Like

Been craving the Switch for a long time and now that they’re available again for normal prices I finally bought it (thanks to tax return). Just waiting for a notification to pick it up and start playing.
Zelda BOTW is the first game I‘ll be playing, always loved the games but haven’t played them since the SNES days.

Luckily I saw earlier in this thread that What the Golf! is available on the Switch. That is an instant buy, played it on Apple Arcade and it’s one of the best casual games I‘ve ever played.

And Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is on top of my list, I haven’t played in a long time but I can’t remember any other game that I have played more than Street Fighter II.

3 Likes

I haven’t played it yet but I bought it the other day and am keen to give it a go.

Also great to see Manifold Garden is on Switch! I was a huge fan of Antichamber and it’s nice to see something else with a similar vibe.

3 Likes