Bought a Nintendo Switch

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but right now my favorite games for the switch are:

Phoenix Wright Trilogy and Return of the Obra Dinn

Super puzzling games PWT has a LOT of super compelling content.

Outside of that: 51 Clubhouse Games is more fun than it should be

1 Like

Thanks for the tipoff on Oceanhorn. I’d somehow missed that and it looks great.

Second one due for a fall/autumn release apparently.

1 Like

Haha, called it. Just watched the new Nintendo direct:
-Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy will be coming to the Switch as a collection
-3D World is also coming with some extra content by the looks of it
-New Mario Kart with real life karts using cameras, looks ambitious

5 Likes

I’m really looking forward to 3D all stars.

Yeeeeessssssss

2 Likes

As soon as I saw the three games I was like, “finally I’ll get to see what @xidnpnlss meant about galaxy and sunshine being better than Odyssey”

1 Like

I’ve actually never played sunshine so while not including galaxy 2 (:sob:) might have been a pass for me I’ll definitely be picking this up.

1 Like

Me neither. Somehow Sunshine passed me by completely. That’ll be my main reason to pick up this triple pack.

2 Likes

This limited release window for 3d is super weird. Kind of gives me pause.

But who I’m I kidding I’m sure I’ll cave.

1 Like

Yes, I didn’t really get what that was about. They said it’s also a limited release digitally? If that’s an attempt to nudge people into buying a switch now, that’s pretty lame.

1 Like

Any mention of switch just makes me excited for the release of Silksong. Hollow Knight became one of my favorite games of all time.

4 Likes

Seriously. Like the plan is to never allow new buyers 3d Marios? Or smg2 was delayed and they want to release it again whole (dlc for early adapters?)? Like…who does that?

1 Like

My main concern is buying it and then not being able to redownload it

I just checked the information on the e-shop. Anybody who has bought the game will be able to re-download it.

1 Like

I have a feeling they will maybe break it apart and sell them peace meal maybe at a worse deal once it is over, I think they just want it to seem special for the 35th thing. I actually think the new mario 35 versus thing looks really cool, I used to play through Mario one every day after school… finally my mario one skills can be put to the test. Supposedly that is limited too, which seems pretty disappointing hopefully will come out in some real permanent fashion as well. Maybe a collection of NES multiplayer battle royal type things.

1 Like

I was looking for that. Thanks for investigating it better than I did.

My sympathies for people who won’t be able to get this. Limiting digital purchase seems pedantic af

Omg omg omg omg!!!

2 Likes

Eh I don‘t know to be honest. Part of the appeal of Breath of the Wild to me was the solitude and the quiet atmosphere of the land.
This Hyrule Warriors seems a little busy. But who knows, they‘re working a little more closely with Nintendo this time, so maybe it will be nice.

1 Like

If they include a lot of story/character development and somehow combine the horde gameplay with some dungeon elements it could be a winner. I trued Hyrule Warriors on 3DS and it was very chaotic and intense. The opposite of BoTW!

2 Likes

That is grade A franchising right there. A BOTW trilogy? Yes please. I have never given these types of games a second look. Yet in a snap its on my list.

Are these types of games good?

If it has canonical back story im in.

2 Likes