Bought a Nintendo Switch

Depends on what you like. I do not care for fighting games like streetfighter but loved the absurdity of Astral Chain combat.

The Warriors game I played was not particularly relaxing. Lots of “oh no! Help this person on the other side of the map!” then running and battling along the way with a timer (ugh). Intense. Chaotic.

But still strangely addictive. Like Doritos.

2 Likes

If not already mentioned, would highly recommend Celeste

2 Likes

Yeah, I get what you say. They have been working closely together and I think it’s going to be a sweet game. For sure a lot of story will come back in BOTW2.

2 Likes

Ori, Hades and Mario today.

Hell of a console. Good lord.

2 Likes

As far as I see (sorry, didn‘t read the whole thread) no one mentioned „Into the Breach“ yet, which is one of my favorite ganes on Switch. The game is for dou, when you are into puzzly strategic games. Have a look, you won‘t regret :wink:

Cheers
Heffmoe

It’s rare something exceeds hype, let alone meets it.

Hades is second best game I’ve played on Switch. :fire:

7 Likes

Usually I‘m not much into shooting games but this one is actually really fun. Currently on sale as well:

And if you’re looking for a casual and simple game you can play with friends then I can recommend this one:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/heave-ho-switch/

Played it with some friends the other day and I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard.

Hades is fantastic, currently it sits up there with Dead Cells.
Both are perfect for my pick up and play style

4 Likes

Another vote for Hades. It’s like Supergiant took the best bits of their previous games and melded them with the best bits of Slay the Spire and Diablo. Bastion and Transistor were fantastic, but this is on another level - a masterpiece.

Now, if only they’d port Pyre to Switch - it’s the only game of theirs I haven’t had a chance to play properly…

6 Likes

Yeah, Hades :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

They said in an AMA the other day there are no plans for Pyre as since the Switch hadn’t beem announced they hadn’t developed the game with it in mind and thus a port would be time consuming. Whereas they had very much planned for Hades on Switch (thank Nyx).

1 Like

You just might have convinced me to get this. The evenings are drawing in and I could use exactly this kind of game right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have my interest! Is the combat fast and fluid like diablo or stick aNd shoot like Bastion? I know, I know I am “wrong” but I did not care for Bastion’s combat.

1 Like

It’s surely fast n’ fluid, but nowhere like diablo IMHO. More like god of war on steroids 3Xturbo ! :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol, never played God of War but I appreciate the comparison. I am still slowly working my way through Diablo 3 (on a…third console?!) but I will put this one on the list. It looked super fun from the Nintendo Direct trailer.

Hades is absolutely amazing. Buy it, everyone!

1 Like

Why do I even come to this godforsaken wallet-suck of a forum. :laughing:

5 Likes

A $20 game is cheaper than a $700+ synth.

This is the safest thread on the forum :smiley:

Edit: except for maybe The iPad Apps thread

12 Likes

Granted im not a huge gamer but I think the fighting is crisp and fluid. The weapons on offer also direct the type of fighting, from risk averse distance to hyper in your face aggression. And all of them are well balanced in that way.

The fighting is like Bastion only superficially. It’s very much more evolved.

Edit: I don’t know Diablo but took a look. It’s not that intricate in its builds. Not during a run, anyway. You enter a chamber and it’s relentless mayhem until you’ve cleared it.

2 Likes

That fucking Bone Hydra though…

1 Like