Bought a Nintendo Switch

I’ve escaped :sunglasses:

Thats nothing compared to what’s coming.

1 Like

It hasn’t been mentioned yet but it definitely deserves a recommendation:

Been playing the last two days. A lot of story that you can’t skip but since the story is good I don’t mind. Lots of creative level design and some mini games here and there that can be quite challenging.

Just bought Yuppie Psycho, from the same studio that released my beloved Count Lucanor!!!

Hades is absolutely amazing. BUT, like all Roguelikes, it is a huge huge huge huge huge timesuck.

Videogames are productivity holes because they are rewarding in very basic ways. Hades is the worst of all because each new addition/aspect/enemy/boon changes the mechanics in another subtly pleasurable way.

Hades = Crack. Amazing, but will destroy your teeth.

4 Likes

Just finished outlast 2 on switch. What a nightmarish trip (and I played on Story Mode).

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to buy the bundle for a while, but I’m a massive coward

1 Like

It’s on sale right now, so I’d say go for it! Even if you’re easily scared, you’ll manage if you don’t play with headphones or in the dark.

1 Like

Any recommended games for a 6 year old?

Mario Odyssey was excellent. Nice honest to goodness fun

Or teach them to be a hardcore gamer and just subscribe to Switch Online and have them play the NES/SNES games- exclusively

2 Likes

Gameboy with Pokémon blue/red/crystal.

Dunno if current 6 year olds will accept it but man that’s hours of fun!

1 Like

Animal Crossing or Minecraft, I would think.

3 Likes

Cheers people.

Bought him the Switch/Minecraft bundle. It fries my brain watching him play it on my phone. Probably not going to win Dad of the year but I let him play it and it’s amazing to watch and see how much he knows at this age.

5 Likes

I forgot who recommended Into The Breach, but I bought it to up my strategy abilities for when I play my Dad at chess

It’s a fun game- but I had to switch it to easy mode.

So, I’m gonna get my butt kicked for my chess game

3 Likes

in fact id say its a great tool for children , for learning how things fit together , preparation , consequence , creativity , teamwork if playing with friends. don’t knock it. Its a great tool for that. there is a reason why there are education editions of it

1 Like

Absolutely.

I just sometimes wish he’d show more interest in doing usual 6 year old kids stuff. We try. But he’s always loved computers, music equipment, phone tech etc.

When I dropped him at school Friday morning he ran off to meet one of his buddies. I heard him talking about North Korean Nukes. And that’s pretty normal for him. He’s a happy kid, so I’m not too bothered about his odd topics of conversation. Teachers haven’t mentioned anything.

4 Likes

I did a quick search on this thread and got no results for Ori and the blind forest

Guess the search just didn´t work properly as I can´t imagine nobody has mentioned this game yet. Just finished it an hour ago (with 99%… meh) and this game has it all. Excellent gameplay, challenging bits, beautiful graphics and touching story. Waiting for the other part to be on sale, definitely one of my favorite games I´ve played so far.

5 Likes

I played will of the wisps. It was pretty good. It didn’t leave a lasting impression on me

2 Likes

The kids don’t know it yet but they are getting it for Christmas. I also have some games lined up (finally can play through AC Black Flag and the Hotline Miami collection). I think I’m just as excited as they will be haha :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just started playing this last week. It definitely has taken chunks of time away. Luckily I’ve mainly been playing at night before going to sleep. Not the most productive time of day anyway. :smiley:

1 Like

Finally getting back into Ring Fit Adventure. I might have been a little bold to set my difficulty up to Intense. I got all twitchy on that last set of overhead presses.

Brilliant game, tho! Complete with pre and post workout stretches.

On an unrelated note, Super Mario Galaxy really IS a phenomenal game. I loved Odyssey far more prior to playing it. I get that the allure of Odyssey sharing that exploration appeal that BotW, but wow! The elaboration for getting each star was incredibly impressive.

2 Likes