Bought a Nintendo Switch

I play Dark Souls Remasterd on Switch - it does the job quiete ok. It sucks that i cant summon other players without a Nintendo Online subscribtion, so i got one for 20€, wasnt that expensive. I like that invading pvp in a hard core game.
Played Super Ghouls n Ghosts - man i didnt remember that it was so hardcore back in the day, always restart at the levels beginning, endless monsters spawning etc - similar feel as modern Dark Souls. Still there is now a rewind button, where i can stop the time, and redo the last moves.

2 Likes

I had a memory of Galaxy being somewhat irritating but now that we’ve been playing it on the Switch with my GF I’ve come to realize that it’s one of the absolute best in the series. The ”observatory”/own starship part of it is kind of tedious but the galaxies themselves are top notch.

The bumble bee suit has to be in the top three best Mario power ups ever.

1 Like

Pikmin 3 deluxe is what me and my son is running right now - a great refinement of the Wii U version and quite possibly the best co-op game I’ve played!

4 Likes

There are certain mechanics that are ABSOLUTELY irritating(the golf ball is the bane of my existence, thank goodness the sling shot is rarely utilized as well as the surfing), but the rest of the game really is phenomenal- and I have joined the annoyance that Galaxy 2 wasn’t included on the port releases- I spent an entire day playing it and I still want MORE. Guess I’ll have to curb my Mario addiction by giving sunshine another crack

1 Like

got ring for too man , its great , glad your having fun and keeping fit!

I love galaxy too! 100%ed it during the wii era :slight_smile: I loved its well thought out procedural levels!

2 Likes

This may have been mentioned before on this thread, but I can’t remember, and searching for this would probably turn up a lot of other references.

Anyone playing with Korg Gadget on the Switch? I bought it, played with it a few times, probably didn’t my money out of it, because my spouse isn’t into either electronic music or video games, so co-op play isn’t a thing. I do remember a “timed trial” mode that was pretty interesting, though, where you had a set number of minutes and a blank canvas in which to put something together.

1 Like

My wife just bought me Skyrim for my birthday a week ago. I can’t believe how they where able to put such a huge game in a portable handheld. It’s a gorgeous and very addicting game.

3 Likes

I’m curious as to thoughts on it as well. I have gadget on my phone but hardly use it. The experience on the switch could be more fun though.

Skyrim was the game I bought the Switch for. Mind-bogglingly good. I still can’t believe how well they did with the port.

2 Likes

I bought it on the Nintendo E-Shop two days ago… with a ton of other games :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Anyone getting Immortal Fenyx Rising too?

Curious if it will scratch my botw itch!

Top 10 game of all time. Can’t wait until the next elder scrolls comes out in a few years

1 Like

If someone is into this kind of game and is up for some online co-op action we can have a go at it. Haven´t played any online co-op games yet but I enjoyed the first game so much that I´m willing to give a try :wink:
European timezone and evenings/weekends preferred.

I don’t own a Switch, but this person just posted this vid yesterday.

1 Like

I remember Dark Souls and Skyrim came out about the same time, I only had time for one time-consuming rpg so I picked Dark Souls.

Now in 2020, after trying to defeat Ornstein and Smough while on the toilet, I still feel I made the right choice or I would still be stuck on the toilet chasing arrows to the knee.

1 Like

Switch time!! Been scouring this thread. Any recent discoveries?? Hoping to grab some stuff in the post-xmas sales. Thanks to someone hundreds of posts ago for recommending Deku Deals… That’s been helpful.

1 Like

Supergiant games are on sale for cheap. You cannot go wrong there. (Hades was this years GOTY)

7 Likes

I got journey to the savage planet a few days ago and it’s pretty good. It’s a bit like metroid prime, but with a lot of weird humor.

1 Like

Transistor is like 3€, amazing bargain at that price…
The store is also currently filled with other great games for small price:

• The Banner Saga is 5€
  • Don’t Starve is 5€
  • Ni No Kuni is 15€
7 Likes

Great tip :ok_hand:. Started with Bastion… A mini masterpiece. Insane value for a couple of Euros. Transistor next.

4 Likes