Dead Cells
Sundered
The Messenger
Wizard of Legend

(to name a few)

1 Like

P4G for the ps vita is a lovely persona experience on handheld

1 Like

Yes. It was probably the main reason I owned a Vita for a couple of years. And Fez! And the one with the copy/clone device in space that had the really hard puzzles that I cannot remember the name of. :joy:

And persona 3 was amazing too. It was persona q from 3Ds that got me into persona. Love. That. Music!!

1 Like

Never tried 3 but been tempted, have the p3 portable version on a Mac emulator

1 Like

Stop thinking and play it! music is awesome and so is the game. In my top ten.

2 Likes

Cool man, I played thru the whole 4 on vita and a few hours into 5 on ps3 but persona works so great on handheld. Yeah maybe I should go for 3.

1 Like

If you’re into retro games, the Sega Genesis Classics collection is a nice compilation of various Genesis/Mega Drive titles. Streets Of Rage 1, 2, 3 and Phantasy Star 2, 4 are worth the price alone in my opinion. Just be warned that you maybe be inclined to acquire a Digitone and Model:Cycles soon after. :cheeky:

Loved Axiom Verge, but I just don’t get the appeal with roguelikes - I find them chaotic and not very engaging. I think the roguelike I’ve played the most is Enter the Gungeon - the gameplay in it is excellent - but I really hate having to start over every god damned time - would much prefer it to be more of a metroidvania-type game.

Sundered looks awesome, but I thought it was rather boring. The Messenger was great though! I haven’t played Wizard of Legend, so writing that up. :slight_smile:

A few other favorites of mine - Ori and The Blind Forest (haven’t played the sequel yet, but it’s supposedly even better), Guacamelee, Katana Zero, Gato Roboto, Steamworld Dig 2, Yoku’s Island Express, Stardew Valley, Candle Power of the Flame, Ministry of Broadcast & Phoenotopia.

Playing Little Nightmares and Cuphead now - Little Nightmares is drop dead gorgeous, but it loses a bit of momentum after a while. Cuphead is great, but insanely difficult! Jesus. I’ve just died like 70 times on the third level, haha.

3 Likes

I enjoyed both parts of Ori a lot, both to me have a good balance between challenging and sometimes frustrating. 20-25 hours of gameplay depending on how much you like to explore is also a plus, especially with the graphics.

Bioshock is usually not my type of genre but this one really sucked me in and the first time that I got along with the 3D controls for the most part.

Both parts of Guacamelee are also very fun, the graphics and the humor are quite entertaining.
And Cuphead is indeed frustratingly hard.

1 Like

Little Nightmares is a fun game! A nice creepy puzzler. The sequel is supposed to come out in a few weeks! Based on the demo, it looks like they’ve optimized it so you don’t have to wait an hour between each death!

Really looking forward to that one!

3 Likes

That’s nice! The loading time is kind of killing the first one a bit. I’m enjoying it though. Quite similar to Limbo and Inside, though not quite as good. Will be interesting to see a sequel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both great games! I’ve played Inside twice - love its tone and how well crafted every little animation is.

Just began Hollow Knight!

4 Likes

Oh my! Jealous I can’t play it for the first time!

Enjoy! Stick with it!

6 Likes

Just a heads up… Some mentions of Tetris 99 in this thread, but with the Nintendo online subscription (first few months normally free with the console) you can also play Mario 35, an equally addictive battle royale game. Crazy how quickly my muscle memory of three decades ago got reactivated. Only available until the end of March though, which is a shame.

God Silksong can’t arrive soon enough.

5 Likes

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a lovely game but flows better on the Switch Lite than the regular Switch.

DQB2 Yo!

Word. Looks amazing. And the original Hollow Knight, fuck me, utter brilliance. The best music score I’ve ever heard in a game I think - by Christopher Larkin.

2 Likes

If Hornet is able to meet the speed and skill hype they’re claiming, it’s going to be nuts.

3 Likes

I’m really looking forward to it! I hope they can keep up the lore and engagement of the first game. That’s a tough act to follow. I’m happy if it feels different, lore-wise, but I hope it’s as robust and mysterious.

Silksong looks like it will be fun, but I’m mostly looking forward to the mossbag videos

1 Like