Bought a Nintendo Switch

Dead cells is free trial for a week from the 26th.

It’s a must own imo. The replay value is imensense. New DLC coming to. Can’t wait.

5 Likes

So I got my Switch delivered last night, but only spend a few minutes playing Pokémon (nostalgia). Breath of the wild arrived via Prime today and after getting home from work all I’ve done is watch NFL and play via handheld mode. It’s AWESOME! The controller really took some adjusting to, coming from the dual sense/dual shock and Xbox controller. Wasn’t sure it was going to work out… but I adjusted.

I also added Final Fantasy IX, because I never played it when it first came out, and by the time it was rereleased it was far too dated for me to enjoy. However, I think it just might work on handheld. Looking forward to giving it a shot.

1 Like

Have been eyeing this game since I saw first trailers, now it´s actually out. Reviews so far are pretty good so I´ll go for it. Edit: it´s not out just yet, but next week.

2 Likes

Just began Hollow Knight too.
Not sure about this one yet , maybe it gets better after a while ?

Also tried Celeste and its really great !
Waiting for BOTW and Mario Odyssey (should arrived monday)

4 Likes

It doesn’t give away anything at the beginning, and seems hard as hell. It reveals a little about itself after an hour or two, then you finally learn the objective about 5 or 6 hours in. Go explore, and give it a little time. It is difficult at times, but one of my favorite games ever made.

10 Likes

BotW gurus: How many shrines is it realistic to find unassisted (without googling)? Some are pretty well hidden. And this place is VAST!!!

I think I had to look up between 10 and 20.

1 Like

I remember I found all but 4, on my first organic (?) playthrough. Got pretty easy going with the sensor. If you talk to everybody you get hints on most of the more hidden quest shrines.
As for the Korok Seeds – absolutely impossible.

2 Likes

Hollow Knight will reward you to no end, if you stick with it. I didn’t like it much the first time I played it. I put it down very early in. It took my daughter picking it up for me to see it in action. Then I restarted, pushed on, and got completely hooked. I can’t say enough good things about it. It is difficult, but you will get the things you need to progress with time. It doesn’t get easier, but maintains a learning curve throughout the game. It is well balanced though despite the difficulty.

4 Likes

Cyber Shadow is out. It’s excellent. I actually like The Messenger more, but Cyber Shadow is great. I’m about 3-4 bosses in now, and still having a great time with it. There are a few minor things I wish it did, but overall it’s great! It’s like a mix of Shadow of the Ninja, Megaman, and Sunsoft Batman (NES) with some modern touches. It’s difficult, but has plenty of check points, and unlimited lives. I recommend it.

2 Likes

Are there many of those? I’ve had a pretty antisocial approach so far. Most people seemed to be talking Nintendo-nonsense.

3 Likes

I don‘t remember exactly, there‘s a good chunk of them as shrine quests. Like 30 or maybe 40? Some are pretty straightforward, some are more hidden.
Haha Nintendo nonsense is a good term for it! But kinda brainlessly relaxing in its own way.

edit: goddamnit, just talking about it is giving me huge craving for playing the game again. A major test of strength!

6 Likes

I really hope they announce the follow up soon. It’s the 35th anniversary of the original this year so I hope they have some big things planned.

4 Likes

I think I found around 100 of them unassisted (there’s 120 total). Some are quite hard to locate, but that’s part of the fun. I spent probably 2-3 hours finding a particular one on the far north side of the map.

I urge all Switch owners to check out Dekudeals. Great for keeping tabs on eshop prices and releases. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice. A friend recommended it to me last night as well. I played a bit of Megaman 11 last night. I just get bored and irritated when I have to start a level all over if I die - so unlimited lives and lots of checkpoints is the way to go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The music and ambience in this game is the best thing about it, IMO. Playing on some good headphones late at night with the lights low, blissful.

2 Likes

Celeste is superb and also has a great soundtrack!

3 Likes

There’s a new Turrican collection called Turrican Flashback. It’s quite good. If you’re a fan of the games, grab it.

Also, if you like Turrican, check out Gunlord X as well.

Any recommendations for local multiplayer? Can be both co-op or versus. We need some
change from only playing Smash :smiley:

Wizard of Legend is pretty fun.

Monaco is amazing.

New Super Mario Bros is pretty fun multiplayer. (Takes a little getting used to to coordinate everyone.)

If CRAWL is on Switch I HIGHLY recommend it.