Bought a Nintendo Switch

Watch out on buying digital games on ebay guys! I almost got scammed thinking I was just buying a download code but it was an account name and password! Luckily ebay found out the account was stolen and gave a refund.

I’m spending more time than I should on Grindstone. Lovely little casual game with a great core mechanic

1 Like

Mario tennis ace
Super additive though

I just got DOOM and am having a lot of brainless fun.

7 Likes

Blue Fire is quite excellent. Some Hollow Knight/Celeste hybrid in 3D

2 Likes

Just bought a switch, some great suggestions in here. Right off the bat I hadn’t realized Katamari was available on switch! Going to play that eventually with my 7-year-old.

Just wanted to chime in that Untitled Goose Game is available on switch and it is hilarious. After watching me play for 20 minutes, my 2-year-old stole my hat, honked at me, and ran off and we spent the rest of the night chasing that darn goose around the house.

11 Likes

Spent last week mostly playing stardew valley. A great escape!

Been playing Blue Fire the past couple days. It’s interesting. The controls are tight in platforming, for sure.

Maybe I just want it to be hollow knight, but I wish the story was less on-the-nose. Definitely challenging at times.

2 Likes

I was a tester on We love Katamari Damacy on Ps2. After 2 days the whole QA loc was singing la la lalalalala katamari damaciiii

5 Likes

One of the few games on Apple Arcade I am CONSTANTLY playing, so I hear ya lol

Agreed, love playing this with my four and eight year old. My older is pretty good at it, when I play with my younger one we just have stupid fun :star_struck:

Hah same. I am amazed at how much I enjoy that game.

1 Like

It’s excellent! I haven’t played it myself, as I don’t have that sort of time to sink into it, but my daughters all play it a ton. They keep updating it too with huge new features, areas, etc. I catch myself watching them play it quite a bit. :smiley:

Ok, it has been a few weeks now.

Zelda Breath of the Wild , WOW !
At first i wasnt sure because i’ve been playing mostly western RPG like Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate, Fallout , Divinity etc so i thought the dialog was childish and weird but … since i dont have lots of time to play its perfect ! Its mostly exploration with some story but i dont feel loss even if im not playing for a couple of days. Really enjoying it right now !

Hollow Night , a beautiful game, very well made, good music, well its almost perfect expect for one thing (for me). Lots of back end forth since the game is kinda difficult and you have to replay the same 10 screens again and again until you beat the boss. I dont have time for this TBO. I know its a great game but … not the kind of game i can enjoy because of this … too frustrating.

What i really really like about the switch (its a simple thing) is the fact that i can just put the console to sleep and get back to my game very quickly. I play mostly in docked mode but its nice to continue a game in mobile mode .

Edit :
And of course the kids like it :slight_smile: I’Ve waited a long time to buy the Switch but im very happy.
Also Mario Odyssey is awesome.

4 Likes

Oh man. My inner child playing video games on the PS1 is so envious of not needing to tell my mom “Hold on! Just let me get to a save point!” for fear of losing my progress

3 Likes

Katamari is amazing!

It certainly makes you pay on your first play through. Not being mean, but once you get good at the movement and skill of it, you’re rewarded by not dealing with this as much. The game is hard as hell! I’ve had my share of love it and hate it moments!

2 Likes

Ho , but i will get back to this game for sure. It looks to great :slight_smile:

Got my taxes done early and got a nice return so I finally took the plunge and bought a console for myself.

I bought Mario Kart (only game my gf will play), No No Kuni and Into the Breach. Oh and I’m getting BotW from a friend soon :loopy:

Hit me up with some other recommendations!

2 Likes

Try Overcooked 2, it’s a lot of fun, but also you’re taking the risk of having your couple burst in flames.

1 Like