Bought a Nintendo Switch

Managed to escape from Hades! What next?

3 Likes

I’m playing Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection now. It’s very good. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone that isn’t already a fan of the series I don’t think, but if you do like these, then it’s top notch. It’s a perfect blend of Ghosts n Goblins and Ghouls n Ghosts, with extras, nice visuals, lots of options and choices in how you play, etc. The control are tight as you’d expect, but still a little on the weird side (as were the originals). They really did a good job with it. I have noticed several cheap deaths, but then, that happened on the originals too. Just part of the series really. I’ve played through about half (or slightly more) of the Ghosts n Goblins style map path so far, and played a couple of levels of the Ghouls n Ghosts style path so far. In all paths, it plays like Ghouls, where you can shoot upward. There is no double jump like in Super Ghouls n Ghosts on the SNES though. I definitely recommend it if you like these.

1 Like

Been playing Hades off and on for a few months. It’s solid and super fun.

I’ve tried a ton of games out, finished a few others… The ones that take up free rent in my head are BOTW and Hollow Knight. Lore, gameplay, story, enjoyment… both have it for entirely different reasons. If these were the only two games on my Switch, it was worth the price.

HOWEVER…

Silksong and BOTW2 cannot get here soon enough!

4 Likes

I would totally play HK again if Silksong werent in the pipeline.

2 Likes

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2 is coming to Switch, this makes me happy to no end ahah.

3 Likes

I’ve played through it 3 times. The first one was loooong, and took me quite awhile. The second time, I was surprised how much easier the beginning was when I better understood movement of my character, and the enemies. 3rd time was just fun as hell, challenging myself to remember where everything is. I’m not big on the pantheon stuff. The boss fights were never as interesting as unlocking areas and some of the platforming challenges.

1 Like

The remaster??? No. Right? That’s not possible…

Yes the remaster :slight_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpMq_tJkJo/?igshid=1gx2jqqyxunnv

2 Likes

WOW. I think like cutting-edge GPUs, studios will over time come to understand what’s feasible for the Switch with some tweaks.

Edit: Found some gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL19wvWwbq4&feature=youtu.be

2 Likes

That’s great and all, but where the heck is Skate Bird?!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLWaCsOIvRk

biggest game I’m looking forward to is eastward. it’s giving me earthbound/mother 3 vibes but a bit more realistic. the pixel art is absolutely incredible. https://eastwardgame.com/

4 Likes

Hadn’t seen that. Nice!

On that subject I’ve been playing DOOM and it’s honestly quite impressive how fluid and good looking it is for such a tiny console. Pretty sure I’ll get eternal when i’ve finished this one :slight_smile: Plus it cracks me up to have BotW, Animal Crossing and DOOM on the sale device ahah.

4 Likes

I had played DOOM on Switch and took no issue with it and loved every second of it. Than I upgraded my PC. So now I’ll probably only play certain games (ie Eternal) on PC but there is nothing at all wrong with it on Switch, esp considering its portable.

For me I need one more 3D Zelda (coming) but add to that all the other stellar games and I would totally side with anyone claiming its the best Nintendo console ever.

3 Likes

…needs more Metroid.

7 Likes

Yeah I felt bad for people that it was restarted. It doesn’t hit the feels for me like Zelda does (in fact I’ve never finished a single one) but I know it means a lot to people. I can’t imagine how I would feel if it were Zelda.

Have you played Axiom: Verge though?

2 Likes

In the same boat I picked up Doom on Switch and the visuals are obviously cranked down, but for something so portable it’s really nothing short of amazing.

Was gonna also grab Wolfenstein but there was a sale on Steam for all four newer Wolfenstein games for 25 bucks, so I went that route instead lol… FPS also gonna always be easier with a mouse and keyboard (ymmv)

Even though it’s older, on the flip side, I am enjoying Diablo 3 on the Switch more than I did on the PC. It’s actually a pretty natural fit for a controller, and playing with my kids has been a blast

Any people playing animal crossing? I just don’t know it if would be for me tbh.

I like idea of having a game I can play a bit every now and then and then and just put away again.

That game pissed me off more than any game I’ve played in recent years. I sold it in offer up after a week and got most of my money back.

2 Likes