Bought a Nintendo Switch

A few years back I was crossing into North Cyprus from the South… A fairly inimidating border with a graffiti-covered Berlin-esque wall and a lot of heavily armed dudes. I was a bit nervous until I got to the passport check and the woman was staring straight down at her phone on the desk playing Farmville. Didn’t even glance at my passport, just waved me though.

I’ve got better border-crossing stories, but no-one’s mentioned milk powder or tarantulas

1 Like

I just finished the main story of Hades. What a ride… Besides Zelda BOTW the game I‘ve played the most by far. And it never got boring, only frustrating at times but the whole package is making up for it. Perfect game when you don’t feel like playing a long RPG and just want a „snack“ instead.

3 Likes

Man, who releases a game at 12 pm PT? I’ve been refreshing the e-shop for World End’s Club to be available.

Probably not going to be as hearty as the creator’s previous games(Danganronpa/AI:The Somnium Files) from what I’ve heard, but both of these guys have made the most mindblowing games I’ve played this last year- so I want the studio to succeed

:smiley:

2 Likes

This actually looks pretty capable

Ok Nintendo. It’s time. I’ve been patiently chewing on your 1-minute morsel for too long now. I’m starving. Time to Epona up.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath of the wild 2 long… but I’m with you.

2 Likes

Same! I’ll take any info on anything zelda related, the new open world pokemon or just any fun 1st party games

1 Like

Looking forward to nintendo spitting in our faces and laughing tomorrow

Are they that bad? I only have about a teaspoon of childish innocence left, but tell it how it is :grimacing:

1 Like

I think there will at least be news. That’s all I want. Im optimistic it will happen. Feels different.

The backlash is going to be insane tho if they don’t. I’ll feel a little bad for them.

Waiting to exhale

1 Like

Please not this again :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Actually that is one of things reassuring me that there will be something: he’s been very consistent with his adverb usage: always shrinking the time until last direct he said “a little longer”.

1 Like

Am I the only one who loves his Switch but hardly plays any Nintendo games?

1 Like

Mostly other developers, indies here m’self. Only Zelda for Nintendo.

1 Like

When i got my Switch I was expecting to play mainly indies, and that I was too old for all the quirky Nintendo-nonsense. But I mostly want to play to relax, and a lot of the more interesting indies are really dark or frantic or both. Some exceptions of course… Love Goose Game, A Short Hike and a couple of others. But I’ve spent most of my time on Zelda and Odyssey, with their relatively mellow sense of adventure. Even Zelda I could do with about 50% fewer random materialising skeletons and wotnot, but wow… Totally magnificent game. Someone said it had ruined gaming for them because it’s such a high benchmark, and I can already relate a bit to that!

3 Likes

That’s exactly my experience, hadn’t played any games at all since the gamecube, but breath of the wild is now my favourite ever by a distance

Ha! That’s brilliant!

1 Like

I actually gave that a pass based solely off how hilarious that was.

I love a good troll

Here it comes. I will laugh tragically if this hyped up show is nothing more than generic RPGs and DC Super Girls reveals