Bought a Nintendo Switch

lol…for real. i buy games here and there and never even play them once.
still have botw and others sealed…eventually tho.
-its mostly due too focusing on music.

anyone know if the switch pro was announced?

1 Like

It wasn’t

1 Like

no hope for a last minute surprise direct announcement?

haven’t been able to follow it much.
only saw rabbids and thats 2022 smh.

I don’t reckon so. I don’t see the benefit of dropping a large announcement like that after the credits have rolled.

Nah, it’s Treehouse now. I.e., paid Nintendo people playing and praising the shit out of the games.

2 Likes

oh its over. thought it was till 12pst

what was the best news out of direct than, metroid?

Yeah. A new trailer for BOTW that will convince people to buy Skyward Sword due to implied simulairities. And maybe a game you used to/currently love has been ported to the switch.

Is anyone else concerned of botw2s potential of turning out to be just a really big DLC? Now I’ve thought about it I’ve never played a zelda with the same map: MM was at least a totally different world. I’m not sure how I feel about that tbh.

I mean, it started as a DLC that got expanded.

Perhaps they’ve been twiddling their thumbs all these years to imply that they’re working hard to make this new game worthwhile.

Otherwise I’d assume the game will be worthwhile. It looks to offer a similar enough but varied experience

2 Likes

I hope so.

I think I’m just going through withdrawal from being so hyped.

1 Like

Hype is the vibe killer.

Never give in and always be pleasantly surprised. :heart:

3 Likes

I enjoy getting hyped for things. It’s a nice respite from a world that’s regularly the exact opposite of exciting.

I usually go through my withdrawal period and then look on things more clearly.

2 Likes

Huge eshop sale today, in case anyone missed it. A lot of the popular stuff from this thread is in there

4 Likes

I think theres still reason to be hyped. I think the big difference between 1 and 2 will be a more foreground purpose to everything.

The floating stuff seems like its combining the element of exploration and tying it to some sort of plot which was mostly absent from the first game.

I think theres still indication that there will be dark elements to it- the ability structure in this new game looks to be tied to some ominous source.

I think it will be an enjoyable game. People like Age of Calamity and that’s not really introducing anything new. This game will be fun

2 Likes

Sooner or later the small voice in my head trying to reason with the withdrawal by calmly explaining that I’m basing this on 30seconds of footage will get louder and louder.

Re ominous source and absent plot are 100%

I don’t think we’ve ever had a direct 3D sequel? That in itself should be interesting. But I have no energy to be rational right now, just pure feels.

1 Like

My expectations were low, but the new 2d Metroid and the 2 player Wario Ware game got me psyched.

2 Likes

That Wario Ware looked really interesting. I’ll keep an eye out for it.

I’m not so down on this E3 direct as everyone else. I prefer the weird, indie, experimental Nintendo. The hardware just can’t keep up with big releases IMO.

Warioware, Metroid Dread, Danganronpa and Advance Wars ports sound delightful to me. SMTV looked intriguing, but again it had some technical hiccups in the trailer. I could never get into BOTW but I’m happy for Zelda fans too.

2 Likes

Majora’s Mask I suppose - actually played it before ocarina at the time, was my favourite until botw - just love the manic end of days vibe :grinning:

1 Like